please rate my writing (thanks for help)

I am preparing my self for IELTS test and I hope to make good score of about 7

I appreciate very much your help

You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.

Compare the advantages and disadvantages of three of the following as media for communicating information. State which you consider to be the most effective.

comics
books
radio
television
film
theatre

You should write at least 250 words.

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

my writing

Different communicating medias has its own role in developing the nations. They help us to know more about others news, culture and way of life.

There are different types of communicating medias like books, radios and films. Each has its own role in building the societies culture and public opinion. Books have the advantages of widening the knowledge of the readers and supporting them with information about the others. For example, if the reader read a German novel, he will build a good knowledge about the German culture. Radios are good example of media that ease getting information such as forecast and news of other countries. For instance, through forecast people know the weather of the next day. This is very helpful as it give people overview about what to wear and if they are able to make a trip or not. Radios play an important role in making the world like big a big village. As anything happens anywhere are known by the people in the other places.
Films play an important role in the society. It is regarded as a way of entertainment. For example people went to the cinemas to spent nice time after long day of work and responsibility. The films play good role in communication between nations. As American movie gives people from other culture back ground about the American traditions.

Films have some disadvantages as film can increase the crime rate. For instance, films which show crime and thieves and criminals think, play a role in developing the way that the thieves plane for crime. Radios have no animation like movies in television so it does not make the same interaction like television. For example, the one who listen to a movie through radios he took all his impression from what he listen unlike television where the one get his impression from what he listen and see.

All in all, films and radios are a sign of modern life. Book reading represents the percentage of cultured people in the society. I do believe that we should develop this communicating medias for the prosperity and welfare of the nations.

354/250

thanks a lot

TOEFL listening discussions: Why must the young woman leave?

Hi, I think you still have a little ways to go. I don’t think you really correctly covered the main question clearly and effectively. Your structure seemed rambling and unorganized. I guess you picked books, radio and film, although you did throw in tv a little bit as well. I would expect one of two structures:

Introduction
Advantages and Disadvantages of books
Advantages and Disadvantages of radio
Advantages and Disadvantages of film
Conclusion

Or

Introduction
Advantages of books, radio, and film
Disadvantages of books, radio, and film
Conclusion.

I guess yours is more like the second, but it seemed difficult to understand your main points. Your writing is not too bad, but you have some grammatical mistakes and some awkward sounding phrases. Other parts are ok grammatically and make sense, but don’t sound very natural. Overall, I would rate this a band 5