Please rate my essay for toefl

Topic: Many students have to live with roommates while going to school or university. What are some of the important qualities of a good roommate? Use specific reasons and examples why these qualities are important?

Most of the students enjoy their time when they join school or university. This is the time when they get opportunities to make new friends, meet new people, and experience new world. Most of the time, students have to go away from their families when they join the universities. Sometimes they have to live with other students, and make them their roommates. There are many important qualities a good roommate should have. I believe that a good roommate must be cooperative, flexible, and very understanding in nature. These are the qualities that make him a best friend.

To begin with, a good roommate must be cooperative in nature. He is always considerate about his roommates needs. For example, he never makes a load noise if his room partner does not like a noisy environment or tries to study. He never throws party for his friend at his room without asking his acquaint. Furthermore, if his roommate does not like a messy room, he tries to keep it neat and clean. Thus he does everything to cooperate with his partner.

In addition, a good roommate has to be flexible towards his roomy. He should gives respect to his partner’s wish. For example, if his roommate cannot sleep at night in the light, a good roommate prefer to study under a night lamp. If his roommate does not like very hot and cold temperature, he adjust the temperature of the room according to his needs. Besides that a good roommate creates a friendly surrounding for his partner. He tries everything for his partner to make him comfortable to share the room.

Last but not least, a god roommate always understands his partner. He is always ready to help his roomy even though he does not ask for help. He easily discovers if his partner feels depress. He tries to introduce his partner to his friends; a good roommate invites his room partner to hang out with him and his friends. He invites his partner to join him for concerts or movies. Moreover, if his partner is weak in study, he helps him understanding the subjects. Thus he helps his partner to overcome his weaknesses.

To sum it up, there are many important qualities of a good roommate. However I feel that a good roommate must be cooperative, flexible, and good understanding in nature. These are the qualities that makes him the best friend of his partner.
Thank you.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students (1)

This is a bit of a tough subject because I can really think of no good synonyms for roommate. “Roomie” is a bit too informal. Partner implies a romantic relationship. Friend is assuming you are indeed friends, which is not always the case. So I guess you will just have to use roommate a lot or use a longer phrase to describe the situation - “sharing an apartment with someone”. “the person you are living with” Anyway, I thought you did an excellent job in this essay. Very clear and convincing with good specific examples to support your thesis and only a few minor usage errors. Overall, I would rate this a 4.5 out of 5.

Thank you sir for your great help. Even though it was tough, you suggested me very good phrases related to roommate. Thank you so much.