Please, Luschen, rate my essay.

Dear Luschen, please rate my another essay. You are right it is so tough for Russian speakers to use articles and prepositions correctly,so please check it and other mistakes too. Thank you.

A person should never make an important decision alone. Do you agree or disagree with the statement.

While some people think that a person should never make an important decision alone, I consider myself as an adherent of an idea that it is better to listen to all advices and then choose the one that seems to be more suitable for a specific situation. In other words, I do believe that a person has to make a decision by himself on the basis what he learned before from other people. In my view, decisions made by using such strategy are the most advisable and efficient because of a few reasons.

First of all, when the person has difficult situation or just don’t know how to act or to behave, it is better to ask for advice other people, who may know the situation better or who might have relevant experience in their lives before. After that, person can consider all possible variants and then choose the most sensible solution based on his inner voice and intuition. In the long run, it can mean that a person is responsible for his own decision. In the case of fail or success he will blame or praise only himself, not other people. An illustration of the above-mentioned statement can be following. A year ago I was seriously thinking about changing my profession from office worker to somebody who is related to aviation. To make a right a decision was a quite arduous task because I realized that it could change my life dramatically. After getting all advices I realized that it was only me, who can make a right decision, not family or friends. As a result, I do not regret about my decision at all because I know it was mine.

Furthermore, there are situations in life when it is better not to tell other people, even the most close, about plans on which a person is going to make a decision. Usually they can simply discourage from doing something. For example, few years ago I was thinking about moving from my hometown to another city. Of course, my family tried to convinced me that it was not good idea and I listened to them that time. However, after sometime I made my own decision and changed the city. That taught me how it is important to make your own decisions.

To conclude, I do believe when a person makes an important decision, it is better to follow his intuition and inner voice, they are the best advisers. And I absolutely agree with statement that when you always follow someone advices, you don’t live your own life.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a history class

Hi, I think this is an improvement over your previous essay. Your writing style is very natural and your format is effective and persuasive. You have very specific and personal examples that fully support your ideas. Once again, just a few minor usage errors like “advices” and some incorrect articles. I am sure you have probably read many guidelines for article use, but this one might be helpful, and grammar girl always has some interesting things to say. Overall, I would rate this a 4.5 out of 5 - excellent job!

owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/540/01/

grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/ar … nouns.aspx

Thank you so much for corrections and links, Luschen! What a wonderful oppotrunity to be corrected by a native speaker :slight_smile: