Please kindly correct and rate my essay. Thank you so much! :)

A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this new influence on your community. Do you support or oppose the factory? Explain your position.

New factories always bring many good influences to communities, such as more job opportunities and increased economy. However, factories also cause bad effects on the environment in the neighborhood. From my point of view, the damages of having a large factory are outweighing its benefits. Therefore, I support the idea that to oppose the factory.

The primary reason why I am making this position is I believe the community would be harmed by the new factory. To demonstrate, the exhaust of air or water from the factory will cause air pollution, contaminate water and plants. Years later, they will make the environment of my community no longer suitable for people to live.

In addition to that point, the new factory needs trucks to transport raw materials and finished products, which means it would increase the risk of road safety and bring more traffic and noise. Another that I don’t welcome a new factory to my community is the beauty of the community would be damaged by it not only because buildings of factories are always not designed for beautify the surrounding, but also, it causes air pollution which will make the sky not clear anymore.

On the other hand, the factory would bring many job opportunities, which may reduce the average of young people leaving from home to urban cities for work and decrease the ratio of elder people of this community. It would also increase the prosperity. For instance, due to more people come to the community to work, there will have more restaurants and stores open around the factory and increase the economy.

It goes without saying that factories would be helpful in some ways. However, I still believe it will have more bad influences than benefits and I hope my community will be beautiful and safe as usual. As I have illustrated above, I will not support the company to build a large factory near my community.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Social History

Hi Chrissy, I thought this was one of your best essays. You sound pretty natural in this one and all your points are clear and understandable to me. YOu do have some minor grammatical errors and some sentence structures that could be improved though and your vocabulary is pretty basic. Overall, I would rate this a 4 out of 5.