Please help me check my report (Expenditure). Thank you so much!

Please help me to check and rate it. Thank you a lot! :slight_smile:

The figures give information about economic growth and household expenditure across a range of categories.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

[photo]1481[/photo]

The two figures illustrate the possible correlation between the economy condition and family spending structure during the period from 1995 to 2000. The line graph indicates the growth of economy, while the pie charts provide information on household spending for various purposes at five-year intervals throughout the aforementioned time span.
As can be seen from the line graph, the economy growth in the former half of the reported period was much more stable than that in the latter. After having fluctuated slightly at somewhere between 0.5% and 2% prior to 2002, the economy growth then accelerated gradually, peaking at approximately 4% in 2005. The following 3 years, however, saw an exponential deceleration, with the growth rate hitting the lowest point at roughly -5% in 2008, before recovering by 5% over the last 2 years of the decade.
As for household expenditure, the vast majority of family budget was spent on Food and Housing in all of 4 intervals, while Clothing, Entertainment and Travel constituted a relatively small percentage each. This was particularly true in times of low or negative growth (namely 1995, 2000 and 2010), with the proportions of spending for accommodation and meal purposes accounting for up to two thirds of the whole family budget. Only in economic boom in 2005 did people tend to spend more on Clothing and extra activities which altogether made up a quarter of the whole, much higher than that figure in times of hardship

TOEFL listening discussions: How long has the young man been drinking alcohol?

Hi Nguyenanh, I thought you did a good job in this report. You have described the data clearly and made some correct inferences. You do have some minor errors, but I think this would rate a band 7.