Please give me advice for my essay. Thank you so much

Scientists predict in the near future cars will be driven by computer not people, why?

Do you think it is a positive or negative development?

Due to technological advancements, many researchers forecast that conventional vehicles would be replaced by driverless ones in next few years. I believe that such development must have been impacted on society positively.

There are many reasons explaining why science experts make this prediction. The principle reason is that machines have substituted for manual labor in various fields from house chores to production process since the birth of robotics, Artificial Intelligence. Therefore, the development of autonomous car is also a considerable concern of innovators. Another reason is that people must take large amount of time to commute, if computer-controlled cars are available, human are likely to get more time to sleep, or watch favorite television shows, or even work. There are many other reasons prove that advance of automated car would be a prevalent phenomenon in the near future.

Furthermore, such self-driving cars will bring enormous benefits to human life. Firstly, they could help curtail the number of fatal accidents that caused by human flaws, irresponsibility such as exceeding speed limit, distraction, inebriated state while driving. Thus, the roads get safer for travellers, cyclist, or even pedestrians, if the traditional cars have no driver behind the wheel, as machines can make a greater calculation than human do. Secondly, there are more people getting access to use the car. As people can drive without taking any rigorous tests to become a certified deriver, or the elderly and the disabled also experience the independence on travelling car.

In conclusion, it is plausible for scientists to anticipate that autonomous car will be unveiled in the foreseeable future. I trust that such automated vehicles shall make positive changes to society.

2 Likes

Hi Nancy, I enjoyed reading your essay. Torsten I believe is interested in this topic. Scientists seem to always say “driverless cars are five years away”, but they have been saying this for the last 15 years, and all the cars I see on the road still seem to have drivers!
Anyway, back to your essay. Make sure that your thesis statement addresses all parts of the prompt. Your thesis should have two parts - the first part of your thesis should state that there are many reasons why scientists are forecasting autonomous vehicles, and the second part, which you have included, should give your opinion. Please see my comment about your first paragraph - be careful not to mix up the reasons for the development of autonomous cars with the impact such cars will have. Here are some specific suggestions:

2 Likes

Honestly, I realize that it is so easy for me to write a essay after using your guides. I took a long time to read newspaper related to the topic, but I can’s write them into my essay. And this is my essay after consulting your advices.

It is true that advances in technologies have led scientists to forecast that computer-controlled car will substitute for conventional cars in the next few years. In my opinion, such advancement must change human life in positive ways.

There are many reasons explaining why scientists make the prediction of autonomous vehicles in the near future. The principle reason is that machines have increasingly replaced manual labors in various fields from house chores to production in factories since the birth of robotics and the Artificial Intelligence. Thus, driverless cars will provide innovators impetus for reform. Another reason is that the first of prototype of self-driving car were invented in the UK by researchers from reputable universities such as Oxford University, Cambridge University and British government granted them permission to test in public roads in this country. There are two and many other reasons proving that the substitution of human-controlled car for automated cars would be made.

As a result, human being will derive immense benefits from the development of automatous vehicle. First, automated cars would be able to curtail the number of car collisions caused by human errors and irresponsibility including exceeding speed limit, becoming distracted, driving in intoxicated state. Thus, if self-controlling cars are available, roads will be safer for travellers, or even pedestrians as machines are able to make faster and more exact calculations than human does. Second, they will provide opportunities for more people to travel independently. In fact, they would no need a driving license to drive self-driving cars, people will not take any rigorous test before becoming a certified driver. People who have mobility difficulties such as the elderly, the disabled would be able to experience independence on travelling.

In conclusion, it is plausible for scientists to anticipate that autonomous cars would take over the human-driven cars in the foreseeable future. I suppose that they shall make positive changes to society.

1 Like

there is another essay talking about nagative impact of self-driving cars. Please give me advice. Thanks (It is too bad,I think)
Scientists predict in the near future cars will be driven by computer not people, why? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?

It is true that technological breakthroughs achieved over the past decades led scientists forecast that computer-driven cars will substitute for conventional car in the next few years. In my opinion, I believe that such replacement must have negative impacts to human life.

There are many evidences explaining why scientists make the prediction of autonomous vehicles. First, the first invention of self-driving car was designed by several British engineers, which used satellite system to transmit information and automated navigation system to determine an accurate location. Although it has been in development, the dream of driverless car came true. Second, due to the rapid development of technology, the British government finally grants automated cars permission for testing them in public roads in the countries. It is therefore reasonable for scientists anticipate that the age of self-driving vehicles is rapidly approaching.

As a result, the invention of autonomous vehicles would produce side effects to society. To begin with, the unemployment rate will be on the rise and then cause social problems. Obviously, if cars, trucks, taxis are able to drive themselves, people who ear living by driving would suddenly become redundant, and it will be difficult for them to quickly find a new job. Social evils, consequently, must arise due to unemployment. Next, a safety of human would not been guaranteed by hackers. Since robotic vehicles would entirely be controlled by hardware and software of computer and attackers could find security holes in any sophisticated system to take over and control it purposefully.

In conclusion, there are many plausible reasons for scientists predict that human-controlled will be replaced by robotic ones in the near future. I trust that the replacement will have negative impacts on human life.

1 Like

Hi, I think this one was organized much more clearly - great improvement!

1 Like

Hi, I didn’t think it was too bad. I do think it is a great idea to rewrite the essay from the opposite point of view. It is always great to be able to see both sides of an issue!

1 Like