Please evaluate my essay for TOEFL test

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to live in one town or city all your life than to move from one place to another.

Nowadays, everyone wants to visit new places. When it comes to whether it is better to stay at the same location or not, opinions vary from person to person. I think that it is more beneficial to stay at the same place rather than travel to several areas. I feel this way for two reasons which I will explore in the following essay.
To begin with, people adapt to a certain lifestyle when they stay at a place. If people are asked to shift to another location, they will find it challenging to adapt to the new site. My personal experience is a compelling example of this. My college was very far from home and that place had a different culture. Although students at my college had the same mindset, the city as a whole was reserved. As a result, I found it very challenging to stay doing things that I had always wished to do at college, such as roaming around freely and attending parties. Consequently, I longed to return home and could not concentrate on studies. Had I studied at a college near my home, I would have gotten better grades.
Furthermore, living in the same place allows people to make strong bonds with people. In contrast, people who travel to various cities do not have strong connections. For instance, my friend lived in the same town throughout her childhood until her marriage. At her wedding, the entire neighborhood was present. Moreover, people also communicated with her after her marriage. Whenever she would come home, everyone would welcome her with open arms. This example demonstrates that people develop lifelong relationships while staying at the same place.
To sum up, people should consider living in the same city. This is because people get accustomed to a place and because it helps to develop strong relations within a locality.

2 Likes

Nowadays, everyone wants to visit new places. When it comes to the question of whether it is better to stay in the same place or not, opinions differ from person to person. I believe that it is more beneficial to stay in one place than to travel to different areas. There are two reasons for this, which I will discuss in the following essay.
First, people adapt to a certain lifestyle when they stay in one place. If you ask them to move to another place, they will find it difficult to adapt to the new place. My personal experience is a compelling example of this. My college was very far from home, and this place had a different culture. Although the students at my college had the same mentality, the city as a whole was reserved. As a result, I found it very difficult to do the things I always wanted to do in college, such as moving freely and going to parties. Consequently, I longed to return home and could not concentrate on my studies. If I had studied at a university near where I lived, I would have gotten better grades.
Also, living in the same place allows you to build strong bonds with other people. In contrast, people who travel to different cities do not have strong bonds. For example, my friend lived in the same city from her childhood until her wedding. At her wedding, the entire neighborhood was present. And even after she got married, people communicated with her. Whenever she came home, she was welcomed with open arms. This example shows that people build lifelong relationships when they stay in the same place.
In conclusion, people should consider living in the same city. The reason is that people get used to a place and it helps to develop strong relationships within a place.

2 Likes

Thank you very much

1 Like