Please correct

1. Give me my watch back.
    1a. Give me my watch again.
  2. I’m taking this meat back to the shop.
    2a. I’m taking this meat again to the shop.
    2b. I’m taking this meat to the shop again.
  3. Can you play it again?
    3a. Can you play it back?
  4. After recording, I’ll play it back.
    4a. After recording, I’ll play it again.
    4b. After recording, I’ll play it again and again.
    Please correct the above sentences.
    Thanks.
  1. Give me my watch back. __ used if someone has your watch and you wish them to return it.
    1a. Give me my watch again. __ used if you have given someone your watch at least twice and wish them to return it to you before you possibly give it back to them.
  2. I’m taking this meat back to the shop. __ used if you are returning the meat.
    2a. I’m taking this meat again to the shop. ___ incorrect word order - see 2b.
    2b. I’m taking this meat to the shop again. __ would only be used if you had already previously returned the meat
  3. Can you play it again? __ used if someone has played it once or more already.
    3a. Can you play it back? __ used if you have recorded something and now wish to hear it.
  4. After recording, I’ll play it back. __ as 3a
    4a. After recording, I’ll play it again. __ incorrect as it will not have been played. You cannot play it before you record it.
    4b. After recording, I’ll play it again and again.__ used if you intend to play the same thing over and over.

Beeesneees,

What is the difference in meaning between the sentences below:
i. I’m taking this meat back to the shop.
ii. I’m taking this meat to the shop back.
Thanks.

The difference is that only the first is correct.

The second has the wrong word order and as written would indicate that you were taking the meat to a back entrance to the shop rather than the usual entrance.

You could say:

I’m taking this meat (which I had) from the shop back (to the shop).

Hi Allifathima,

When you start a new thread, please try to provide a meaningful thread title. It is not appropriate to call your threads “Please correct” or “Please comment”, “Please check and correct”,…