Please check my writing ,this is my first one in the forum !!

Please rate my writing and you thinking it is ok that using a question sentence for a title and approriate for the topic . If not , which title comes in your mind ,please share with me ,thank in advance :slight_smile:
[color=red]TOPIC :Writing a parapraph that telling a thing that you have done!

[size=150]Where is Canada?[/size]  
 Leaving my motherland ,Vietnam, to Canada was probably the hardest decision that I have ever made . First of all , I would not see my sisters and best friends who always were beside to cheer and support when i had obstacles in life . Secondly , I was going to miss my house , my schools and all the streets around my city which were familiar with me for about 20 years . Eventhough , I did not have a fancy house and schools with all the modern equipments like in Canada but still love them . The third and also the last reason that made me to do not want to leave Vietnam was the foods . The foods were so tasty and fresh that nowhere I can find them so far . Leaving Vietnam was really a difficult choice , however , I know everything has pros and cons . I have to admit that Canada is a one of the best country for educations and living that I have also accomplished. Hence, I now do not  regret about the decision anymore and I nearly treat Canada likes my second motherland .

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a university professor and a student in the professor’s office

Hi, your writing is not too bad. Your vocabulary and structure are extremely basic, but still very understandable. This does not sound like a typical TOEFL essay though - is it for another test or just for practice? On the TOEFL you do not need to give your essay a name, but if writing for a newspaper a question is fine for a title. The question though should really be answered by the essay, which yours does not do. I still do not know where Canada is - north I think?

Thank for checked my writing !
It was just a paragraph . I have a test next month about writing a paragraph and a essay .
Question: The main idea was about having a hard decision to leave Vietnam ; but in the conclusion part , I also mentioned that I like Canada . Do you think that two ideas on a conclusion part would be ok ?
And you was right , Canada is on the north and also the neighbour of USA :slight_smile:

I think it is fine to mention another point if it follows naturally from your main point. I made a tough decision to move to Canada, but it turned out good because I like Canada. As long as the two points are related it is fine. You can also make a more general statement in the conclusion based on your specific topic - making decisions is tough, but they can make our lives much better. I do know where Canada is and have been there quite often. The people seemed very friendly - do they seem that way to you? Have you found any Vietnamese food or have you switched to poutine? There are a few Vietnamese restaurants here in Nashville. I don’t know how authentic the food is, but the clientele is mostly Vietnamese, so I guess it must be pretty good.

The people seemed very friendly - do they seem that way to you?..Oh yeah , I only can say " Every country has good and bad people " :slight_smile:
Even though there is alot Vietnamese and Chinese restaurants around my city, but the taste is still not same in my backhome ( Can I use “but” in this situation ?)
Yeah , I did try poutine but my favourite fast food is KFC! :slight_smile:

Don’t use both “though” and “but” together.

Say

Even though there are a lot of Vietnamese and Chinese restaurants around my city, the taste is still not the same as back home.

or

There are a lot of Vietnamese and Chinese restaurants around my city, but the taste is still not the same as back home.