Please Check My Sentences

Hi,

Please check my sentences, are they correct and sounds natural to you being a native English speaker :-

1. Brands are important so is performance.

2. No matter what’s happened in your past, even then you must stay happy for making your present fruitful and enjoying each and every moment of life.

3. I don’t care who you are but I want everyone should stay happy.

4. Someone said this sentence:-

Don’t get into the habit of using it routinely.

but I didn’t find “routinely” word in the dictionary, if I say :-

Don’t get into the habit of using it in daily routine.

Please tell me which one is more correct and above all sounds natural.

Please check my sentences. Are they correct and do they sound natural to a native English speaker?

1. Brands are important, and so is performance.

2. No matter what’s happened in your past, you must stay happy to make your present fruitful and enjoy each and every moment of life.

3. I don’t care who you are, but I want everyone to stay happy.

4. Don’t get into the habit of using it routinely = Don’t get into the habit of using it regularly or frequently.

Thank you so much for replying.

I understood everything but I’d like to ask :-

1. if I write below sentence by keeping this in mind ((as I was expecting all Moderators in this discussion forum are almost native English speakers)) will it be correct?
  1. Generally we ask someone who lives in different country:- where are you from?

In the same manner, if someone knocks at our door, can we say :-
where have you come from? (I mean which company or shop or place etc…)

1. Please check my sentences. Are they correct and do they sound natural to you as a native English speaker?

2. Generally we ask someone who lives in different country:- where are you from? In the same manner, if someone knocks at our door, can we say :-
    Where are you from? (I mean which company or shop or place etc…– Yes.)

Thank you so much Mister Micawber for replying, I’m greatful to you.

hmm, I’d like to tell you that from somewhere I learnt that we can use “being” in this way :-

Sorry for being late.
Being an honest person I must return their money.
Being a teacher she should have helped me.
That’s OK John, whatever I did, being a friend it was my duty.

so by keeping that in mind I formed below sentence :-
Please check my sentences. Are they correct and do they sound natural to you being a native English speaker?

but you replaced “being” with “as” :-

Please check my sentences. Are they correct and do they sound natural to you as a native English speaker?

I wholeheartedly respect what you wrote and ready to accept it because you’re a native English speaker and I’d be more grateful to you, if you shed some light on this matter (if possible) to make me understand why have you used as rather being and where we have to use being so that rather than mugging up the sentence I understand the concept and able to form correct sentence in future.

Using ‘being’ so often seems to be a favorite choice of English learners, and there is nothing wrong with the grammar (if you punctuate correctly), but it is a word that most native speakers drop or replace with something less awkward.

Sorry for being late.-- OK. Here the gerund is object of the preposition.
As an honest person, I must return their money.
As a teacher, she should have helped me.
That’s OK, John. Whatever I did, as a friend it was my duty.

Thank you so much for replying. I got it.

Please check few more sentences. Are they correct and do they sound you natural as a native English speaker?

1. I bought a tubelight, it was under 1yr guarantee so I asked the seller :-

If it fuses within a year would you replace it?

Note: I spoke will rather than would but now it’s a past so I’m writing would.

1. I’m going to tell you an incident, you please tell me have I expressed my views correctly?

Few days back, I bought a belt and the seller sold me on a regular price by saying it’s a German leather but just after few days it got cracks and worn out so I went to the seller and complained in this way. :-

I:- Excuse me, few days ago, I got a belt from you and it got cracks and worn out as well whereas you sold me by saying it’s a German leather, and for sure it’s not!

Seller:- I didn’t say it was leather.

I:- I still remember you sold me by saying it’s a German leather, now you’re denying it, it’s called fraud.

Seller:- I’ve no responsibility.

I:- All I can say, you lost a customer.

1. If it burns out within a year will you replace it?
    I spoke will rather than would but now it’s a past so I’m writing would.-- Do not confuse grammar with real life. As written, it is not reported speech.

2. I’m going to tell you about an incident. Would you please tell me whether I have expressed my views correctly?

I: Excuse me. A few days ago, I bought a belt from you and it developed cracks and wore out. Also, you told me it was German leather, and for sure it’s not!

Seller: I didn’t say it was leather.

I: I still remember you sold it to me by saying it’s German leather, but now you’re denying it. That’s called fraud.

Seller: I’ve no responsibility.

I: All I can say is you’ve lost a customer.

Please correct the following:

1. I want everyone should stay happy.
  2. I want that everyone should stay happy.
    If something is wrong, please give the reason to understand.

‘Want (that) should’ is not a possible English structure.

1. I want everyone to stay happy.
  2. I want everyone to stay happy.

Thank you so much for replying and I’ll try my best to follow your instructions

1. The other user asked a question related to “Want and should”. I was also thinking from this point of view, but in a bit different way :-

I want everyone to stay happy.

Is this sentence mean that I wish that everyone stay happy because initially I wanted to wish that’s why I used should but as you told me it’s a wrong combination to use should with want.

If my guess is right then in order to make everyone happy (if it’s possible for an individual to do that) then we should write :-

I want to make everyone happy.

The time I spend to ask questions, I spend much more time to understand them and hopefully I understood it.

1. Is there a way to form the sentence with should by keeping the same meaning in mind. I’m trying to form a sentence please tell me is it correct?

I wish everyone should stay happy.

1. These are all OK:

I want everyone to stay happy. = I wish that everyone would stay happy.
I want to make everyone happy. (= ‘My intention is to cause happiness for everyone.’)

2. ‘Should’ not work as far as I can see. Use ‘would’ as above.

Thank you so much for replying and I studied all of them carefully.

I’d like to ask:- a small kid came to our home and it had been almost 2 hrs, she was in front of me but she didn’t speak even a single word, and I wanted express this but I couldn’t.

Can you tell me how to express this. I know one way to express this situation but that is not practical :- She has been here for last almost 2 hrs but I didn’t hear even a single word she speak.

She has been here for the last two hours almost, but she hasn’t spoken a single word.

You’re awesome.

I need a suggestion, there is a new popular English song which I usually listen to :- All Fired Up (Album - The Saturdays)

I also got it’s lyrics :- directlyrics.com/the-saturda … yrics.html

And it’s really very easy. But there are few of words and phrases when I sing them while listening to song, the sound (accent) is different. I understand this happens but I want to know what do I do to improve it?

As you’re an experience teacher you must be aware of, what should be done in order to improve it.

You can listen to audio version online before answering me so that you’d understand my situation:-
dilandau.eu/download_music/a … ays-1.html

1. Listen to the song.
  2. Sing along.
  3. Sing it yourself alone.
  4. Record yourself singing it.
  5. Listen to your recording and compare it with the original.
  6. Repeat steps 1-5 as often as necessary.

You can do this with any text, not just songs: news broadcasts, lectures, YouTube videos, etc.

1. When something happens, generally we ask others :-

What happened?

I think it’s wrong because when we express past and if that is interogative then we use “did” so it should be expressed in this way :-

What did happen?

here are other examples :-

When did you reach here?
Where did you go?

Am I correct?

1. What’s the full form of pros and cons?
    I already know this much that it means advantage and disadvantage.

2. I heard a sentence, is it correct :- I hear critics because it keeps me grounded.

3. I came across a quote:- Love conquers all things.
    Then I checked the meaning :-

google.com/search?source=di … &tbs=dfn:1

and found it has many meanings, now please tell me how to know which meanings should we learn and which to leave.

What happened?-- ‘What’ it the subject of the sentence.

What did happen?-- Wrong

When did you reach here?– ‘You’ is the subject of the sentence.
Where did you go?– ‘You’ is the subject of the sentence.

Am I correct?– No.

1. What’s the full form of pros and cons?– That is the full form: from Latin prō for + con, from contrā against]

2. Yes

3. I came across a quote:- Love conquers all things. and found it has many meanings, now please tell me how to know which meanings should we learn and which to leave.– You must use your intelligence, your experience, and the context. Here: ‘conquer’ = successfully overcome (a problem or weakness)

Thank you so much for replying.

I’m sorry that I didn’t explain it properly and you took me wrong in context of 4th sentence. I meant to ask something else, by looking at all meanings at this page :-
google.com/search?source=di … &tbs=dfn:1

Honestly I understood in which context this phrase was said :- Love conquer all things.

But there was 3-4 other meanings and I always notice whenever I see the meaning of any word at Google Dictionary there are always more than one meaning. By reading them, most of the time I come to know which meaning is appropriate for current sentence and I pick that. But I always try my best to note down all the meanings and learn all of them and in past I did this many times and it took a lot of time to learn a single word and sometimes due to time constraint I leave them.

So I thought, it’s better to ask you what should we do as many words have many meanings?

1. Are this sentences sound natural to you :-

a. You’ve to decide the level of workload you want to take on.
b. The straw is real so is the knife.
c. Once in a great while something new comes along.
d. Mom, please draw the curtain.
e. Now please draw back the curtain.

So I thought, it’s better to ask you what should we do as many words have many meanings?– Many words have many meanings, and complete fluency means learning all of them. Obviously, some will be more common than others. Note them and don’t worry about it—your dictionary will always be handy when you need to look the same word up again.

2. Do these sentences sound natural to you?- They are OK except for one semicolon:
b. The straw is real; so is the knife.