Please check my new essay, thanks very much.

Hello Luschen,

This is a very difficult topic for me, hardly think of reasons to support. Most of all parts are limited to my knowledge though I have done my best. There are many are vague sentences-- just hope they are not too bad.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People behave differently when they wear different clothes. Do you agree that different clothes influence the way people behave? Use specific examples to support your answer.

Clothes are one of the most important parts of our culture; they are fascinating and have meaning, not to mention their usefulness. We can find many different and stylish dresses very commonly nowadays, people give more important to them as developing their values and beauty. Though human behavior is complex, it can definitely be influenced by surrounding and environment. Personally, I absolutely support an idea that different clothes affect the way people behave for two main reasons.

One reason I believe that people act differently as to what they wear is that each cloth and dress is unique and leads different expression and emotion. Our clothes help us adjust our mind; we are sensitive creature; deep mind and thought. Clothes fulfill and improve what we lack in our characteristic and greatly emphasize our positive personalities. For example, I remember that when I was in high school, I have many classmates who really gave their time to dress up. To be honest, at that time, I was a football player in my school so I thought they were ridiculous; spending their times for improving appearances rather than studying or training. However, I noticed that their emotions were influenced by their clothes. It seemed that when I saw they wore old-fashioned clothes, they were nervous and modest. They tell me that they felt uncomfortable and upset when they had to wear unfavorable clothes. On the other hand, they were cheerful and lively, if they had time to carefully select their clothes and dress up. In addition, clothing match to the situation is really crucial, it reflects our manner and personalities. We would get more attention if we dress suitably. As you can see, clothes plays huge role manipulating our mind and directly affect our emotion.

Another reason I think human behavior can be affected by different clothes is that it display wearer’s wealth. Some people believe that numerous people determine other people by their appearance and position. In fact, our clothes greatly represent those aspects and imply our lifestyle. For instance, when I was in philosophy class, in high school, I had an intensive debate among our class; whether people would give the same respect to other people regardless of their appearance or not. Therefore, my friends and I decided to prove our point by researching. We went to our local store, and wore worn out costumes. We pretended to be impressed by products in the store and asked for information. Nevertheless, an officer aggressively told us that we did not have money to buy his products anyway so no point for giving any information. This experience taught me that never wearing dirty shirts and shoes otherwise being prepared for worst reception.

In conclusion, though some people might not agree that mere dresses would be able to make difference in human behavior. My experience can be powerful evidence here. Not only will dresses increase our confidence which improve our characteristic, they will majorly display our personalities and life style. Thus, making sure to carefully choose dresses before going outside.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and his counselor

Hi, I agree that this is a tough subject, but I think you handled it very well. Your reasons were very good and your arguments and examples were quite convincing. I think your vocabulary is getting better. You did have some odd sounding phrases here and there - mainly due to unusual sentence constructions, but also some unclear or vague words. Overall, I would rate this a 4 out of 5.