Please check my essay. Thanks in advance :)

Topic: Some people choose friends who are different from themselves. Others choose friends who are similar to themselves. Compare the advantages of having friends who are different from you with the advantages of having friends who are similar to you. Which kind of friend do you prefer for youself? Why?

Each person has their own opinion about the role of similarity in friendship. Some support that it is hard for two people have no similar point, while other suppose that people don’t have a similar point can still be friends. Each type of friend has advantages. I am so proud to have all kind of friends – both those who are similar and those who are different to me.

First and foremost, someone, who are similar to you, will be sympathetic and empathetic you easily. That can be extremely helpful because when you are in trouble, your mind is too complex, you don’t know what should you do. Nevertheless, you can ask your friend, he will give you precisely what you need to do because he understands you more than other who are different to you. Moreover, if your friend has the same personality with you, your friend can share and comprehend your feeling completely whether that is happiness or sadness.

Otherwise, having friends, who are different to you, is more interesting. Talking with them is never boring because they have different experience, they can show you what you don’t know yet. Furthermore, having friends with different characteristics will make you life more copious , significant and balanced.

In a nutshell, like everything in our life, friends who are different or similar to you also have advantages and disadvantages. However, in my opinion, having both type of friends is the best way to gain a beautiful life.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on American social history