Pleas can you correct my write

Hi :o
In the first .can you repair my write and tell my why, pleas
I’ll write small article has some tenses which I know.
I have borne in capital my country in 1979. And I finished my study in 2001
After graduate, I was learning English when I worked and I have been working in my job for two years. I am going to visit UAE this year. I have been live with my parents 26 years. I did study English 16 years a go. I’ll marry if I earn a lot of money
Oh yes now I am writing this article but when you read it I was written it
With my respect. :wink:

Hi Dark Magician :smiley:

I’ve made corrections and changes to your text. Please look at what I wrote and then tell me specifically which changes you don’t understand. I think you will understand some changes without a lot of explanation. (It’s possible that some of my changes are not factually correct because I didn’t understand what you wrote.)

Amy :smiley:

[i]First, can you repair my writing and tell my why, please?
I’ll write a small article which has some tenses that I know.

I was born in the capital of my country in 1979. And I finished my studies in 2001.
Since graduating, I have been learning English at work and I have been working in my job for two years. I am going to visit UAE this year. I have been living with my parents for 26 years. I studied English 16 years ago. I’ll get married if I earn a lot of money.
Oh, yes, now I am writing this article, but when you read it, I will have already written it.[/i]

[size=150][color=yellow]Hi my teacher Amy :stuck_out_tongue: [/size]
Thank very much to your help
In fact I understand your write but I can’t do that as you
Could I ask you some questions about grammar, please?
What the best? When ask from any body.
Can you or could you
Get: l want marry - l want to get married. But I speak in future tense :?: :!:
I am not good in present perfect continuous
I feel the most use tense. It just simple present - simple past- continuous - future
Can I write again? A small article but it has one tense, and you repair my writing and tell my why, please?
With my respect.
Mba :wink:

Hi Dark Magician

Here are some answers to your questions:

The sententence “Could you help me?” is more polite or formal than “Can you help me?” Basically, you can say “Can you help me” when you talk to a friend or when you ask for just a little help. “Can you” also means “Do you have the ability (to do something)”.

The sentence “I want to marry” isn’t wrong, but I would always say “I want to get married”. In both of these sentences the word “want” is now or in general. “Marry/get married” is what you want to do in the future. Also, you need the word “to” when there is a verb after “want”. When there is a noun after “want”, then you don’t need the word “to”.

The best time to use the present perfect continuous is when you want to describe “how long up to now”.

The two most important tenses are the simple present and the simple past. I suggest you focus on these two tenses first. But don’t forget, grammar is more than verb tenses.

Another suggestion: read my corrected text out loud. That will help you learn and also help speaking in English.

Why don’t you write about your last vacation? Where did you go? What did you do? etc. That will be practice with simple past tense.

Talk to you later! :smiley:
Amy

[size=150][color=red]Hi Mrs. Amy :wink: [/size]That very nice form you to help me. My teacher
I’ll tell you .first the grammar then I’ll write about vacation.
Could you repair my writing and tell my why, please? :smiley:

THE PAST SIMPAL :?:

It’s “some thing completed in specific time in the past.”
There are two kinds of verb:
1- Regular verb (v + ed).
2- Irregular verb.
Always we take the verb in the past if Regular verb or Irregular verb.
We use auxiliary verb when we ask or negative:
Did - didn’t

Now I tell you about last my vacation:

I went to Egypt last year. It’s wonder place on the earth.
First I visited" Azhar mosque", maybe it’s a huge mosque in Cairo it has big dome.
Then I walked in “al-hossin street” and there I ate popular food it cold" Koshry" .but unfortunately I didn’t see Nail river. Did you see it?
After that I went to " Jeza" and saw pyramids it’s wonderful of pharaohs, and in the night I listened to explaining about it and I saw light party.
In the last journey I stayed in “sharam-al shakh” just one day because it’s very expansive. Of course I didn’t forget bought some souvenirs and photographic.
All respect to you
Mba :mrgreen:

Hi Mba (Mr. Dark Magician ;))

I think you understand the “rules” for the simple past tense. :smiley: You used the simple past tense well in the text.

Here is a corrected version of your vacation text:

[i]Now I’ll tell you about last my vacation:

I went to Egypt last year. It’s a wonderful place./ It’s the most wondrous place on earth.
First I visited" Azhar Mosque". It’s a huge mosque in Cairo it has big dome.
Then I walked in “Al-Hossin Street” and there I ate a popular food called " Koshry" .But unfortunately I didn’t see the Nile River. Did you see it? /Have you ever seen it? color=red
After that I went to " Jeza" and saw the pyramids, a wonder from the pharaohs, and at night I listened to explanations about them. I also saw a light show.
At the end of my journey I stayed in “Sharam-al Shakh”, but just for one day because it’s very expansive. Of course I didn’t forget to buy some souvenirs and photographs/postcards. color=red
[/i]

color=red
Did you see it?

• You could use the past tense here only if you already know that I have also visited the Nile River area.
    Have you ever seen it?
  • You should use the present perfect if you don’t know whether I’ve ever visited this area.

color=red
didn’t forget to buy
-The verb “forget” is in the past tense and after “forget” you only need to write “to” + infinitive" (“to buy”)

I wasn’t sure what you meant by “light party”. I changed it to “light show”. Is that what you meant?

If you have any questions about what I corrected, please ask.

Amy