Playing a game is fun when you win, isn't it?

Would you mind helping me correct the essay about the topic below? Thank you very much.

Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Playing a game is fun only when you win. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Mostly, we know that playing games is one of the most helpful ways to remove stress and acquire a knowledge of many things. In spite of that, I know some people just like to play when they win. In my opinion, I agree with people who play games to not win but to have fun. Therefore, for various reasons, which I will mention below, I must totally disagree with the above statement that playing a game is only interesting for a winner.

First and foremost, I think that everyone should understand the main reason for playing the game. In the past, people gathered and played different games. It is a great way to learn more about each other, to communicate and learn new. Today, I think why people play the game the same.

In the second place, mental and physical games help develop the mind and body. Mental games improve the ability to think logically, draw conclusions and analyze. In addition, it improves one’s memory. From the other side, physical games help strengthen a person’s bones, build muscles and improve a person’s health.

Last but not least, gaming is a perfect way to gain more knowledge and experience. It does not matter who wins but it is important that everyone draw conclusions and learn how to analyze a person’s mistakes and try to avoid them next time.

To sum up briefly, I must confess that it’s fun to win and feel victorious. However, I think participating in a game is more important than winning. People play games to relax, get rid of stress and leave their troubles and gain more knowledge. Another reason why people play games is that avoiding games or just playing them when a person is sure that he is the winner will not make them better. Only when people see their mistakes can they work with them and achieve their goals.

2 Likes

Hi PhuongDu,

Your essay is very interesting and has, as far as I can see, no grammar mistakes, however take a look at the quotes and try to correct the last one. You forgot a word.
I hope I’ve been able to help you.

I know some people who just like to play for the sake of winning.

I agree with people who play games simply to enjoy themselves.

It is a great way to learn more about each other, to communicate and learn new what?

3 Likes

Thanks for fixing my mistakes.

2 Likes

Hi PhuongDu,

You’re very welcome.

2 Likes