planning for future is a waste of time

Some people think that planning for future is a waste of time. They believe it is more important to focus on the present. Do you agree or disagree?

People have different views about the importance of planning for their future. While some people spend a lot of time and energy on drafting details plans others just life in the present. Although the level of planning we are comfortable with is a personal preference there are major advantages to planning ahead in short, mid and long-term.

In our every day life planning can help us to be more organized and improve our time management. Planning ahead helps anticipating problems and find solutions rather than facing them all of a sudden. Additionally, by planning we get a better idea how much time something will require. As a result, we are less likely to be end up running out of time and feeling stressed about finishing a task.

Without planning it is hard to reach long-term goals. A complex goal, like immigration to another country, can require taking several steps in a certain order. Another example would be buying a house. Most people can not just do this spontaneously but spend several years saving and preparing.

Lastly, planning is a valuable tool in preventing oneself from disaster. If we can foresee a danger such as getting ill or poor at on point in our life, we can plan for this potential situation. Saving for an emergency or retirement as well as insurances are preventive measures. Hence, we can safeguard us for foreseeable or likely events in the future.

All things considered, there can be no doubt about the benefits of planning. If we plan ahead our life will be less less stressful and we are more likey to reach outr long term goals.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between an upperclassman and a freshman coed

Hi, although this essay was still very good, I don’t think it was quite as strong as some of your previous ones. Your organization is still good, but some of your paragraphs did not seem to be developed as well. You also had a few grammatical and word usage errors here and there. Still, a very good job, I would rate it a band 7.

huh lots of mistakes. This time it is not much longer than the required 250 words, certainly means less development.
I am always surprised hoe much contents matters for IELTS, after all i dont want to be a journalist…

What are you studying to be - and is your name from Katniss in The Hunger Games?

I am a programmer, i am not doing the test for studying.