Pimsleur Brazilian Portuguese my experiences

I’ve just completed Unit 2 and have to say I’m thoroughly enjoying this method. Its maintained my interest and challenged me along the way. I have more time than many and have spent as long as 3 weeks on a lesson before moving on , also I’m able to and enjoy studying for at least an hour or two a day, just walking round with the MP3 player constantly playing.

In addition whilst in Rio, and after reading a post here, I recorded 10 vocabulary lists 25 words per list, for my MP3, I’ve just started this, I speak the English words and my Brazilian friends repeat the words in Portuguese… I top and tail every Pimsleur lesson with a vocabulary list. And in the fashion of Pimsleur don’t move onto a new vocabulary list until at least 80^% or more is committed to memory.

At this stage I am able to converse with an understanding slow talking Brazilian….of which there are few, SLOW TALKERS I MEAN :wink:

I’d be interested to learn what more I can do whilst in the UK… I considered a Teacher possibly passing on the Pimsleur lesson (s) in English (Typing them out) then structuring lessons around these. Any advice much appreciated

Thanks
Steve