Pessimism

Hello,

Sorry to sound so depressed and I don’t want you to feel too down today. But now it’s time to talk about the other side of the coin - pessimism. Frightfully sorry if it makes you feel fed up.

english-test.net/stories/72/index.html

Alan

Dear Alan,
It was an amazing essay. You’re surely gifted with talent for writing excelent essays definitely!
You are brilliant!

My best wishes on Easter Week to you and your family!

Regards,

Cesar Lopez Petrovich.

Great article though it is a topic sounds not so happy.

Hello dear Alan!

Very useful essay!

I’m very glad that I’m taking in part in your forum and also getting such nice e-mails!

Mary Easter!

Hello dear Alan.
you have very well dipped your brush in negative shades and dabbed the pessimistic mental landscape with generous strokes of sordid paint.It pays well to be pessimistic if only one can look into the unalloyed black side of life
thanks
aruna.

Hello Allan
By reading this history about the pessissim facts, it was a great remembrance for me. You know when in some time of the life you are facing to problem that could have solution you could become pessimiste. I have this experience in my life during the civil war without economic activities in the country when all “Things are going from bad to worse” and the national economy has hit rock bottom .During this time I wasn’t fell myself, I was very pessimist. But today after peace restoring I am very optimist that and say that w’ll develop.
The world pessimism is opposite to optimism. Today

good essay on pessimism

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

Everyone will meet pessimism in life. It’s natural. Life is running 24 hours everyday and who knows what happens tomorrow. It is also the color of everyone’s chores.

hi everyone
it’s so interesting that today when I just cheked my e-mails I saw and read this article about pessimism becaaaaaaaaaaausssseeeeee by coincidence I am not feeling myself today since i got up ,but i just hope this feeling be down in the mouth not down in the dumps.

salam,
my nane is asif khan. i very lazy learn english language. You know when in some time of the life you are facing to problem that could have solution you could become pessimiste.i was not feeling well today but i will dvlop intrest in english today. they are so difficult to me but i am ready learn english.

thanking for you .

Muhammad Asif Khan

salam,
that my search and viw

noun

1. the tendency to see, anticipate, or emphasize only bad or undesirable outcomes, results, conditions, problems, etc.: His pessimism about the future of our country depresses me.
  2. the doctrine that the existing world is the worst of all possible worlds, or that all things naturally tend to evil.
  3. the belief that the evil and pain in the world are not compensated for by goodness and happiness.

Muhammad Asif Khan

I would like to do english test to determine my english level if it is below PET or above. do you think that is possible or not?

salam
after that, this important web i pick up very intresting English whether Grammer, stories, easey and other activities that i learnt, thus i would like to know learning this course shall we get any certificate of this
by

Dear Alan
Thanks for your essay it can help me a lot
I’m Thai people. I have learn English many year ago ,but look like not grow really
I have try to putted fertilizer many brands until see Alan brand it works look like my English tree grow up
{Ha Ha Ha} I have now because you help me to improve my knowledge.
sent my happy to you, also
Regards,

un

Hi Alan Sir,
The Essay "PESSIMISM’ was good I should not say, because your essay tittle is
pessimism, I should say bad. You have used many idioms which I never used before.
Alan Sir Why shouldn’t say things are going from bad to best instead of telling
things are going from bad to worse. Really I am not feeling myself to-day,after
reading your eassy it has doubled my feeling.
Thank you

S.Shanthi

On yesterday afternoon at 4:30pm I went to ground field, there were only 4 young man whom are training themselves and I made a Jogging for a few minutes than I was including myself to the youth after sometime an other group has came which is fully prepared they were very strong I have never seen even one of them

Hi Hayaan,
This is how a native English speaker might have written your message:
Yesterday afternoon at 4:30pm I went to the sports ground. There were only 4 young men training and I jogged for a few minutes, then I introduced myself to the youths. After some time another group came, which was fully prepared. They were very strong. I have never seen even one of them before.

Points to note:
The preposition ‘on’ is not used before ‘Yesterday afternoon’,
‘The sports ground’ or ‘the training field’. Field + ground would not be used.
‘Training themselves’ is not a natural expression here.
‘Make a jogging’ and ‘do a jogging’ are wrong.
‘Sometime’ and ‘some time’ are different expressions. Here you need the latter, which means ‘after a little time had passed’.
‘Another’ is one word.
The last part doesn’t make sense unless you add something more. I have guessed at your meaning and added ‘before’.

Thank you very much I really find all my mistakes, please tel me the difference between ‘Sometime’ and ‘Some time’ and of course I mean 'after a little time had passed
I really like the way you have written
Thank you very much

This is how a native English speaker might have written your message:
Yesterday afternoon at 4:30pm I went to the sports ground. There were only 4 young man training and I jogged for a few minutes, then I introduced myself to the youths. After some time another group came, which was fully prepared. They were very strong. I have never seen even one of them before.

Points to note:
The preposition ‘on’ is not used before ‘Yesterday afternoon’,
‘The sports ground’ or ‘the training field’. Field + ground would not be used.
‘Training themselves’ is not a natural expression here.
‘Make a jogging’ and ‘do a jogging’ are wrong.
‘Sometime’ and ‘some time’ are different expressions. Here you need the latter, which means ‘after a little time had passed’.
‘Another’ is one word.
The last part doesn’t make sense unless you add something more. I have guessed at your meaning and added ‘before’.
[/quote]

I did not understand this idiom pessimism