People work because they need money to live. What are some other reasons that people work?

There is no denying that a majority of people work for money to support their living expense, which is one of basic needs for people to survive. However, this is not the only reason that people work so hard. On the contrary, some people work for self-value, mental growth and happiness.

First of all, some work to make contribution and a change to the world. As we can see, people are facing with abundant of problems, like famine, air pollution and melting icebergs. Thus, there are plenty of non-government organizations which aim at rescue and change the world. Most of employees take on this job for helping in need. They truly want to see the global issues and disasters being solved.

In addition, some work to get fulfillment and confidence. Working can be a dull thing. However, once we attain achievement from it, we will receive endless energy and vigor to keep going. For example, one of my friends, Al, who is a consultant. Every time, he wrestles with problems for his clients, he feels so proud and satisfied. Gradually, he is getting more and more confident than before.

Last but not least, some work for joys and interest. In the coursing of the growth, we are taught to find the work that suits to our interests. Therefore, some people deem work as a delighted thing because it is based on what they love. They can feel easily to have hang of it. Besides, if the job is based on their interest, they can completely enjoy doing it. For instance, I am a teacher and like to interact with the little kids. Thus, I can have more passion and patience to my students, even they make severe mistakes.

In conclusion, not all of people work because they need money. Some people work because they can contribute to the society and make it better. Also, some work people due to getting accomplishment and confidence. What’s more, some works because they enjoy doing it.

1 Like

There is no denying that the majority of people work for money to support their living expenses, which is one of the basic needs for people to survive. However, this is not the only reason why people work so hard. On the contrary, some people work for self-esteem, spiritual growth, and happiness.

Most importantly, some people work to make a contribution and change the world. As we can see, people are faced with many problems, such as famine, air pollution, and melting icebergs. So, there are many non-government organizations that aim to save and change the world. Most of the employees take this job to help the needy. They really want to see the global problems and disasters solved.

Besides, some work to get fulfillment and self-confidence. Work can be a boring thing. However, if we achieve something from it, we will get endless energy and strength to go on. For example, one of my friends, Al, who is a consultant. Every time he wrestles with problems for his clients, he feels so proud and satisfied. Gradually, he becomes more and more confident than before.

Last but not least, some work for pleasure and interest. As we grow up, we are taught to find work that suits our interests. Therefore, some people consider work as a delightful thing because it is based on what they love. They can easily feel that they are good at it. Besides, if the job is based on their interest, they can enjoy it completely. For example, I am a teacher and I like to interact with the little children. So I can have more passion and patience with my students, even if they make serious mistakes.

In conclusion, not all people work because they need money. Some people work because they can contribute to society and make it better. Also, some people work because they want to get achievement and self-confidence. What’s more, some people work because they enjoy it.

1 Like

That`s really interesting topic. I think you have done great work!