People should sometimes do something that they do not enjoy doing

It is believed that doing things that we are interested in may bring about much more happiness and enjoyment. However, participating in something that we dislike can lead to more unexpected outcomes.

First, doing things that we do not enjoy doing makes people cross the comfort zone and attain the achievement. I am not a fan of doing outdoor activities and used to stay at home. One year ago, one of my friends, Jack, invited me to join the climbing activity he held. That day, we spent six hours to reach the top of the mountain. It was my first time to realized how many perseverance and willpower I had to overcome the tiredness during the process. I totally felt proud of myself. Also, I found out how splendidly the mountains displayed and how beautifully the wild deers ran around. After this experiences, I have climbed three more mountains and started to enjoy the tiredness.

In addition, people can find the talent while doing something that we do not enjoy. In my home, my mom prepares three meals for my family. One day, I volunteered to prepare the dinner for my family. I made the seafood risotto. I used butter to fry the rice and put a lot of sea food on the rice. I found that I like to taste the flavor and add the seasoning, which seems like a magic to me. After my parents and little bother finished that meals, they gave me a great praise and comment on my cooking skills. Then, I spend much time staying in the kitchen and trying new recipes.

In summary, doing something that we do not enjoy can make people step out the comfort zone, challenge our limits and gain more accomplishments. Besides, it also makes people explore the talents and find a new hobby, which lead to more enjoyments.

1 Like

It is believed that things that interest us bring much more happiness and joy. However, participating in something we don’t like can lead to unexpected results.

First, doing things we don’t like makes people step out of their comfort zone and accomplish something. I am not a fan of outdoor activities and always stayed at home. A year ago, one of my friends, Jack, invited me to a climbing activity that he participated in. That day, it took us six hours to reach the top of the mountain. For the first time, I realized how much endurance and willpower I had to overcome the fatigue during the climb. I was totally proud of myself. I also noticed how magnificent the mountains presented themselves and how beautiful the wild deer were running around. After this experience, I climbed three more mountains and started to enjoy the fatigue.

Also, people can discover their talent when they do something they don’t enjoy. At my house, my mother prepares three meals for my family. One day, I volunteered to prepare dinner for my family. I made the risotto with seafood. I fried the rice in butter and put lots of seafood on the rice. I found that I like to taste and add the spices, which seems like magic to me. After my parents and little brother finished eating, they praised me and praised my cooking. Then I spend a lot of time in the kitchen trying out new recipes.

In summary, doing something we don’t enjoy can make us step out of our comfort zone, challenge our limits and achieve more. It also makes people discover their talents and find a new hobby, which leads to more enjoyment.

1 Like

I learned “enjoy the fatigue”. Thank you so much :smiley:

1 Like