People should read only those books that are about real events? opinion

Some people believe that they it is better to learn from experience of the people in the past. Non –fiction books are like autobiographies of famous real people. These books establish facts about their experience in the real world. However, books based on fiction create an imaginative world which is full of possibilities. It completely depends from person to person on their choice of reading. I personally believe that people should read more fiction books because of the reasons explored below.

To begin with, fiction books increase our imagination and creativity. These books take us in there world. We can visualize the scenes which we read in these books. We try to characterize ourselves in place of the prince or princess. We in this way learn how to express our emotions. By way of example, I have learned a lot from the famous character of Harry Potter by reading J.k. Rowling fiction novels. I have learned the true meaning of friendship, courage, strength and family importance. On the contrary, I find non-fictional books a bit uninteresting. Many of the times , I get scared by the real materialist world which are mentioned in these books. The cruel and brutal facts of life mention in these books causes a shiver down my spine. I suspect every person around me in the fear of getting cheated.

In addition to improving our creativity and imagining skills, these books teach us to value our relationship. Moreover they teach us the difference between good and bad, right or wrong. Who in world have not read Cinderella story when they were children? I think that most of the people must have read it. The step mother is portrayed as a negative person with evil wishes whereas the fairy god mother is portrayed as a gentle and true person. We as a child learn from these books that honesty is the best policy. We lay our belief in the existence of God.

In considering the benefits of reading fiction books I have explored like improving creative skills, learning good moral lessons and values. These factors may not be persuasive to many students. However, they led me believe that people should read fiction books more than those books that are on real facts, real people, real events and established facts.