People remember special gifts that they have received

People remember special gifts or presents that they have received. Why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Most people highly appreciate gifts, considering them for special, for two main reasons. Firstly, people connect their presents with the person who gave it to them. They cherish the value of the gift not in a physical way but in an emotional one. Secondly, a specific present could be received at a particular time in a person’s life that could be really essential. Therefore, the receiver would remember the importance of the gift in that specific date or situation.

To begin with, people constantly make presents for each other in order to show or even prove their feelings towards the receiver. Personally, I think that it’s not the gift that you receive that makes it special but it is the person who gave it to you. In all of my presents I can see a reflection of someone who made me happy. Therefore, I remember very clearly my special gifts. For example, I will always recall the cup my best friend gave me as a present for my eleventh birthday. Although it was such a long time ago and we are no longer friends, I do remember this special gift. It’s not the material thing that I refer to but it is the emotion that I feel when I see my cup, remembering of my friend.

Furthermore, I reckon that sometimes receiving a present at a particular moment in our life leads to an unforgettable experience. For instance, when I was seriously injured after a sparring match, my mother presented me with a little rock that was believed to bring strength. I still keep this gift near to me and I realize the importance of it. When I felt weak and miserable this present cheered me up in that tough moment in my life. This gesture that my mother made inspired me and provided me with inner power to confront my challenges.

As a conclusion, I strongly believe that what make special our gifts is people who gave them to us. Humans need to be loved and valued so they appreciate not the present but the person who show his/her love towards them. However, there are difficulties in our life that a little gift could bring our happiness back and this present could make an impressionable experience which could last forever.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two university students (2)

People remember special gifts or presents that they have received. Why? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Most people highly appreciate gifts, considering them AS special for two main reasons. Firstly, people connect their presents with the person who gave it to them. They cherish the value of the gift not in a physical way but in an emotional one.
Secondly, a specific present could be received at a particular time in a person’s life that could be really /essential/SIGNIFICANT. Therefore, the receiver would remember the importance of the gift ON that specific date or situation.

To begin with, people constantly GIVE presents TO each other in order to show or even prove their feelings towards the receiver. Personally, I think that it’s not the gift that you receive that makes it special but it is the person who gave it to you. In all of my presents I can see a reflection of someone who made me happy. Therefore, I remember very clearly my special gifts. For example, I will always recall the cup my best friend gave me as a present for my eleventh birthday. Although it was such a long time ago and we are no longer friends, I do remember this special gift. It’s not the material thing that I refer to but it is the emotion that I feel when I see my cup, remembering of my friend.

Furthermore, I reckon that sometimes receiving a present at a particular moment in our life leads to an unforgettable experience. For instance, when I was seriously injured after a sparring match, my mother presented me with a little rock that was believed to bring strength. I still keep this gift near to me and I realize the importance of it. When I felt weak and miserable this present cheered me up in that tough moment in my life. This gesture that my mother made inspired me and provided me with inner power to confront my challenges.

As a conclusion, I strongly believe that what make special our gifts is people who gave them to us. Humans need to be loved and valued so they appreciate not the present but the person who showS his/her love towards them. However, there are difficulties in our life that a little gift could bring our happiness back and this present could make an impressionable experience which could last forever.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Really great work Sotkata, and written with a lot of feeling.

Kitos. 9/10