People attend college or university for many different reasons

Topic:“People attend college or university for many different reasons (for
example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do
you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples
to support your answer.”

The humankind always need education to reach good life standarts. therefore, education is a very significant aspect of person’s life.
in contemporary world, people need more education due to different causes and so the attendance of colleges and universities is increased.
i think people should attend a university or a college in order to these following reasons.

firstly, the era of globalization predict deeper knowledge about a specific issue. for instance, most of the good jobs, in other words, jobs that
pay well require university degree to apply.nevertheless, for the engagement, you need to be educated well and you have to show your knowledge about
the job in the interview. thus, university is very significant for having a good salary and a good life. moreover, it is a natural process that people
always want to know more. this could happen through the universities and colleges. hence, people can feel better in an intellectual way.

secondly, the person who attends a university will get new experiences such as new friends and the atmosphere of a university. these could lead person achieve
better life standarts. for example, people would have friends from different cultures.thus, he would learn to see the life in a different perspective.

the last but not least, attending a university makes you more respected by other people. no one can deny the value of the knowledge. therefore, the more
education you take, the more respect you get.

all in all, attending a university is significant not only for the deeper knowledge and new experiences but also for the respect. the long and the short of it is that
if someone has the opportunity to study in university. i think he or she should do it.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a physical science class

Good morning S3mpatik. At first reading your work strikes me as pretty good. Can you explain why, with the exclusion of the first sentence, you start EVERY sentence with a small case letter instead of a capital letter.?

i wrote down the essay in notepad for practising only. then i found this website and i just copied and pasted. i know it is a mistake but i really wanna know what is your point to my essay. due to having toefl tomorrow :(, i really wanna know that i am good or not in writing. sorry about the mistakes i ll never do it again, especially in real Toefl. :slight_smile:

Well, although your essay has a few minor faults I’m pretty sure you will get a decent score for your work.

Don’t forget the capitals though. :-)) Good luck.

Kitos. 7.5/10

Topic:“People attend college or university for many different reasons (for
example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do
you think people attend college or university? Use specific reasons and examples
to support your answer.”

People attained university for various reasons, some people consider it as a challenge while others take it to learn new experience, as far as I am concerned, I believe that people attained university to acquire knowledge, build career and meet new people.

First, a college or university is the place where people can get extra knowledge and become valuable to the society. For example, my brother, who is studying B.Sc in botany, have studies about plants in high school but the knowledge was very basic. now he have a good depth of knowledge about plants and their different species . Attending university gives my brother a new aspect of study.

Secondly, people want to build their career because now days competition is very high and every one is anxious about his/ her career. Like my friend Max first decided to attained business school later he changed his mind and now he is attending Law College. He knows that he can do better in the field of law. Attending Law College will give him a shining career.

Finally, university or college is the place where people can meet different people. For example last year I graduated from university and now I have many international friends. Additionally, sharing experience and knowledge with native and non-native speaker is the major factor which forces me to attend university. This experience not only enhances my level of English language but also gives me confidence to talk.

Last but not least, I wish to say that purpose of attending university is obvious everyone has different purposes to attend the university. It is better to become educated, social and confident.