parents should limit the hours of watching TV programs or movies

Hello everyone, I back to this forum again…
Hope someone could correct my essay, thanks in advance.

Topic: Agree or disagree? If child want to do well in school, parents should limit the hours of watching TV programs or movies.

Views differ greatly when it comes to the statement that if child want to do well in school, parents should limit the hours of watching TV programs or movies. Some people think watching TV or movies is a good recreation for children because they can feel relax easily and they can gain some useful information from the silver screen. However, I believe that there are too much inappropriate content and other side effect that would have bad impact on children, so parents should put limit on the hours of watching movies or movies. Following are some reasons to support my viewpoint.

First and foremost, there are always a lot of violent behavior and sex content that are not suitable for children to watch. Some little children may take those inappropriate behaviors for granted and copy those images to treat their classmates. Furthermore, there is always some false information in the TV programs that would mislead children when they cannot tell right from wrong.

In the second place, watching movies and TV programs is unhealthy based on the researches. A lot of children get near-sight eye due to watch too much TV. As a result, they should wear heavy glasses in their whole life. Besides, children spend too much time on staring at the screen would decrease their sporting time. No wonder more and more fat children in our society.

Last but not least, time management is a very important lesson that everyone should learn from very young. Parents should let their children know how to allocate their free time and the parents should encourage their children to do more meaningful things, reading and do sports, for example. As long as the child learns how to manage his time, he would have more chances to be success.

In conclusion, there are too many inappropriate content and information in the TV programs and movies. In addition, watching too much TV is unhealthy for growing children and the children should learn how to manage their time. As a result, I strongly insist that parents should limit their children the hours of watching TV programs or movies.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and a university advisor

Thanks~~~