papers on/in?

Help me with this sentence… Which one is correct?

I have read the papers on Image Processing published by your professors.

or

I have read the papers in Image Processing published by your professors.

Thanks

The first, I’d say, is better.

The first is the correct phrase, but ‘published by your professors’ sounds rather vague, even if the paper was self-published (if it wasn’t then saying it was ‘published by’ them would be inaccurate anyway). It would be better to write written by…’ and include the name(s) of the professor(s).

Hi everyone,

which one is correct?

I have read the papers on Image Processing written by professors at/of your institution.

Hi! can someone tell me which one is correct in the above sentence. Thanks a lot

I have read the papers on Image Processing written by professors of your institution.

(This would mean ‘various professors of that institution’, which, to me, looks vague)

Avoid using ‘guys’. It is not in keeping with the usual manners on this forum.

Hi Anglophile,

So “at your institution” is correct, right?

I don’t rule out the possibility if you mean ‘professors working in/at your institution’.

Like the original, it is too vague to just talk about ‘professors at your institution’. You either need to name the professors or possibly write something like:

I have read papers on Image Processing based on research/work completed at your institution.

It’s just that I don’t want to mention any professors’ name.

And Beesnees, Is that either “research” or “work” in the sentence you wrote or is that just “research work”? (a typo ?)

Let’s say I have read the papers on Image Processing written by several professors at the institution.

Then the sentence in my previous post makes sense, right?

It makes sense but it’s too vague.

If you don’t wish to name the professors then use the alternative: I have read papers on Image Processing based on research/work completed at your institution.

I intended the term to be a choice of ‘research’ or ‘work’ because not having read the paper, I don’t know whether this is based on research of Image Processing or something else. You can substitute other terms as appropriate.

Is this correct?

I have read [the] papers on Image Processing based on research done (any alternative for “done”) by professors and students at your institution.

Do I have to include “the” in the above sentence?

Thanks

It is possible to include or leave out the ‘the’:

with ‘the’ - indicates you have read all the papers that fall into this category.
without ‘the’ - indicates you have read a number of papers, but not necessarily all of them.

Just leave out ‘done’:
… based pm research by professors…
though now the sentence can be viewed in a slightly different light - as if the papers were not necessarily written by the people who did the research.

That’s why I wanted to use the word “written”.

I have read papers on Image Processing based on research by professors and students at your institution. It would be an enriching experience personally to work with such esteemed colleagues. In addition, [the] research interests of some of the professors at your institution match mine.

I understand that “colleagues” would apply only to students, but I want to use that word.
[the]-required?

Is there someway I could use the word “written”?

‘The’ is required.

‘Colleagues’ would not necessarily be read as applying only to students.

Hi,
Can you comment on this sentence?

I have read papers on Image Processing and Computation Algorithms based on research by professors and students at your institution. It would be an enriching experience personally to work with such esteemed colleagues. In addition, the research interests of the professors at the ABC Research Center match mine.

I guess “the” should mean “all professors”, while if you don’t include “the” it wouldn’t mean all the professors, right?

Thanks

by professors and students - any of them

So

I have read papers on Image Processing and Computation Algorithms based on research by professors and students at your institution. It would be an enriching experience personally to work with such esteemed colleagues. In addition, the research interests of professors at the ABC Research Center match mine.

or

I have read papers on Image Processing and Computation Algorithms based on research by professors and students at your institution. It would be an enriching experience personally to work with such esteemed colleagues. In addition, the research interests of professors at your institution match mine.

Are correct, right?

are correct, right?

Yes.

Hi Beesnees,

which one is correct?

In addition, the research interests of professors in/at your Electrical and Computer Engineering department match mine.

Is this sentence correct?

I joined this company in July '13.

Thanks