Overall, the widespread use of the internet has a mostly positive effect on life in today’s world

Most people believe that modern technology affects society in many different ways. In my opinion, use of internet is enormously beneficial to both individual as well as communities as a whole. I feel this way for two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.

To begin with, online educational sources are very useful for students as well as teachers. There are huge amounts of books and articles found in the internet which we can study by staying in our home. On the other hand massive online open courses are very much helpful for students. My personal example is a compelling illustration of this. During my undergraduate study I have completed three online short courses related to my subject. I got an opportunity to learn from American professors by staying at my own home. I’m sure that students are getting benefit a lot from the internet.

Furthermore, different types of social media are making people’s life easier. Nowadays, we can quickly know what is happening in the world from Facebook and Twitter. By means of the internet we are getting closer to our friends and family even if we are in the different parts of the world. For instance, I live in city far away from my home for my study but I’m regularly in touch with my family. I can video call my mom at any time I want. If I got any problem here, I can immediately call my family using the internet.

In conclusion, I strongly feel that the Internet has a positive effect on our lives. This is because online study materials help learners and teachers to much, and social networking sites keep us close to each other.

2 Likes

Most people believe that modern technology affects society in many ways. In my opinion, the use of the Internet is of great benefit to both the individual and the community as a whole. I hold this opinion for two reasons, which I will explain in the following essay.

First of all, online educational resources are very useful for both students and teachers. There are huge amounts of books and articles on the Internet that we can study from home. On the other hand, open online courses are very helpful for students. My personal example is a compelling illustration of this. During my undergraduate studies, I took three online short courses on my field of study. I had the opportunity to learn from American professors while at my home. I am sure that the internet is of great benefit to students.

Besides, the different kinds of social media make people’s life easier. Nowadays, we can quickly know what is happening in the world through Facebook and Twitter. Through the Internet, we become closer to our friends and family even if we are in different parts of the world. For example, I live in a city far from my home because of my studies, but I am in regular contact with my family. I can call my mother by video whenever I want. If I have a problem here, I can call my family immediately through the Internet.

In conclusion, I strongly believe that the Internet has a positive impact on our lives. This is because online learning materials help learners and teachers a lot, and we are close to each other through social networks.

2 Likes

Dear Torsten, thank you very much for your time and considerations.

1 Like