"our building"is misleading in this diologue

“I know what you mean. I started taking the subway two years ago, and it’s wonderful! From the Scott Street station, it’s only a block and a half to our building.”

‘Our’ can mean that they live in the same house. But not. I understand why he says 'our ’ ( because he thinks of his family ) but in this kind of dialogues you have to listen to every word. I thought that they are business colleagues but I didn’t choose because of the ‘our’. This was not the first case when the text was misleading.

Here the correct answer:

Who most likely are the speakers?
College roommates.
Next-door neighbors.
Business colleagues – CORRECT
Best friends

Regards.

I suspect that ‘our building’ relates to ‘our place of work’. ‘Building’ would not normally be the word used if they meant ‘house’ or ‘apartment’.

Many thanks Bez. I didn’t think of this. You are right they are going for their place of work that’s why use ‘our building’.

Here is the passage objected to.

— Betty, fancy seeing you here. I didn’t know you rode the subway.
— I don’t usually. It’s just that I’m fed up with driving and paying so much for gas, and the buses are crowded and unreliable. So I thought I’d give this a try.
— I know what you mean. I started taking the subway two years ago, and it’s wonderful! From the Scott Street station, it’s only a block and a half to our building. And going home, the 52nd Street stop is only two blocks from my apartment. When I was driving, I wasn’t getting nearly as much exercise.
— Exactly! Plus, the subway’s cheaper than gas in the long run. And the trains leave every 15 minutes, so if I miss one I don’t have to wait long for another. So, did you say we should get off at Scott Street?

Many thanks:
Kati

Yes, from that it is obvious that they are speaking about their place of work. One of the speakers says 'and going home…'indicating that the main part of this conversation must be about the outward journey (to work) and not the homeward journey.

YES,YES,YES

The picture has taken shape in my mind. I believed that they were speaking on their way home.

Thanks again:
Kati