Opinions of famous people

When famous people such as actors, athletes, and rock stars give their opinions, many people listen. Do you think we should pay attention to these opinions? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

We usually listen to other people’s opinions in order to see different points of view on problems. Some people pay more attention on notions of famous people because they find them more respectful, others think that actors, Olympic champions and rock stars are ordinary people and sometimes even are less intelligent. I personally believe that we do not have to deify people, but some of their advice might be very useful.

On the one hand, famous people usually do not have extraordinary qualities. They have their own problems, feelings and make mistakes. The media makes it possible to create a good image of a person. They have not only make-up or plastic operations to make a woman more beautiful, but also good writers who can write a good answer to any question. Without all these things, a famous pop-star sometimes cannot interest to us.

Moreover, many of them are even less intelligent than ordinary people. For example, when I am listening interviews with my favorite hockey player Alexander Ovechnkin, I feel that it is better not to talk at all than pronounce such a huge amount of hesitations, slang phrases and show silly facial expressions. Although I do appreciate his perfect spots qualities, I would not want to ask his opinion about something else.

However, there are several situations, in which a famous person can state quite a valuable opinion. Firstly, he or she could suggest some strategies about how to become famous. A lot of talented musicians are not famous because they do not know what to do so that become successful. Secondly, a famous person is usually skilful at least in one field. For example, Ovechkin’s opinion about hockey is very important because he certainly knows how to play well.

In conclusion, although famous people can give a valuable advice in the field, where they are masters, their opinions about daily problems, politics and economics should not be very important for other human beings.

Thank you for reading

TOEFL listening discussions: Why does the student visit the registrar’s office?

When famous people such as actors, athletes, and rock stars give their opinions, many people listen. Do you think we should pay attention to these opinions? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

We usually listen to other people’s opinions in order to see different points of view on problems. Some people pay more attention on notions of famous people because they find them more respectful, others think that actors, Olympic champions and rock stars are ordinary people and sometimes even are less intelligent. I personally believe that we do not have to defile people, because some of their advice might be very useful.

On the one hand, famous people usually do not have extraordinary qualities. They have their own problems, feelings and make mistakes. The media makes it possible to create a good image of a person. They have not only make-up or plastic operations to make a woman more beautiful, but also good writers who can write a good answer to any question. Without all these things, a famous pop-star sometimes cannot interest us.

Moreover, many of them are even less intelligent than ordinary people. For example, when I am listening interviews with my favorite hockey player Alexander Ovechnkin, I feel that it is better not to talk at all than pronounce such a huge amount of hesitations, slang phrases and show silly facial expressions. Although I do appreciate his perfect sports qualities, I would not want to ask his opinion about something else.

However, there are several situations, in which a famous person can state quite a valuable opinion. Firstly, he or she could suggest some strategies about how to become famous. A lot of talented musicians are not famous because they do not know what to do so that they too can become successful.

Secondly, a famous person is usually skilful at least in one field. For example, Ovechkin’s opinion about hockey is very important because he certainly knows how to play well.

In conclusion, although famous people can give a valuable advice in the field, where they are masters, their opinions about daily problems, politics and economics should not be very important for other human beings.

Not bad, but with a little imagination it could have been quite funny.

Kitos. 7.5/10

Thank you, mr.Kitos!
Seems like I have forgotten about the second part “…keep it interesting”=)
All in all, these two essays are my last because I have toefl the day after tomorrow. I think it is better to relax tomorrow a little bit and enjoy a sunny day=) Thank you very much for your help. My grammar has improved a lot and now I do not feel too nervous about my writing section.
will write about my results in July, and maybe I will continue to write in the future (especially if I do not earn a high score=)), but now I have to take a break.
Once again, thak you very much. Your job is very important for us.

I wish you luck Arseni. I think you can safely say your going to get decent marks.

Thnk you, mr.Kitos! I hope so…