Only a few days left to exam.................................................

Hi Luschen .As you noticed I have a little time left to exam. I would be glad if you revised the following essay.

Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. Which is your opinion?

It is clear that our Earth has changed a lot both in positive and negative degrees in recent centuries. Some people believe that the world has turned to a better place to live with the help of advanced technologies but from my point of view, the Earth is being damaged by human activity.

For a start, whether we realize it or not the Earth has undergone many influences since human civilization. Illegal activities have remarkably affected our today’s world. For instance, the wholesale logging operations have led to the decreasing in the area of forests. Furthermore, the emissions of toxic gases from the industries has negatively damaged the atmosphere which plays a vital role in our life. Of course this is in turn brought about many troubles for human health. By the way, researchers have recently shown that the number of people suffering from the lung cancer has increased nowadays because of above reasons. In other words, human activities have also impacted people’s health.

Secondly, we can easily observe that most animal species are becoming extinct day by day. The main reason is that, the logging operations have diminished the place for animals to live. Consequently, the conditions for animals have become intolerable which prevented them from developing. Moreover, scholars have warned that the ocean resources will be disappeared for the near future while the population of the Earth in contrast increases. To put it another way, the percentage of people facing starving will rise which may cause many unforeseen calamities in the near future.

To sum up, I agree that the Earth turned to a comfortable place for people with the advent of new and modern technologies but unfortunately the disadvantages of the human activities outweigh the advantages of it. All in all, our life has become easier at the expense of animals and natural resources.

Words: 307
Time: 30

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from a history class

Hi Vuqar, I did not like this essay as much as some of your earlier ones. Your structure is pretty good, but your introduction is not very creative and your first topic sentence was very weak. You have quite a few word choice errors, some of which make your points a bit confusing to me. Your grammar is pretty good, but you have some sentence structure errors that make some of your writing sound pretty unnatural. Overall, I would rate this a 3.5 out of 5.

Thank you Luschen very much. I know I did not do very well in this essay and I think the main problem was that I had many ideas and opinions to this topic but I had been able to uses them properly.In addition, I took some chances in this essay by switching to new structures which causes some vocabulary problems. In a nutshell, I think it would be better to retain my old structure.

Neighbors are the people who live near us. In your opinion, what are the qualities of a good neighbor? Use specific details and examples in your answer.

In society, people are always surrounded by others. People are living in a community with their friends, relatives, and neighbors. However, neighbors are the closet people in our surrounding. Neighbors have huge impact on your daily life. In this essay, I would like to state some qualities of a good neighbor.

First, a good neighbor should be a reliable person and willing to help each other. For example, if I am going away from home for few days and if I have a reliable neighbor, I can trust him or her to help me keep an eye on my place and collect the mail for me.

Second, a thoughtful person could be a good neighbor. Neighbors should show their consideration for their neighbors. Sometimes it is good to have a small talk with neighbors to keep good relationships with each other. Furthermore, if your neighbors have a good relationship with you, they would be more willing to help you when you need.

However, a good neighbor should always respect his or her neighbors. He or she should know the boundaries and not interfere with other families’ issues. For example, if I had a conflict with my family, I would never want my neighbors to come to my home and try to be peace-keepers. Moreover, they should not disturb others living qualities. For example, a good neighbor should not play music or watch TV with a high volume late at night.

Because of the statements and examples above, I should say that a good neighbor is one who is considerable, friendly and knows the limitations of being a neighbor.

Neighbors are the people who live near us. In your opinion, what are the qualities of a good neighbor? Use specific details and examples in your answer.

In society, people are always surrounded by others. People are living in a community with their friends, relatives, and neighbors. However, neighbors are the closet people in our surrounding. Neighbors have huge impact on your daily life. In this essay, I would like to state some qualities of a good neighbor.

First, a good neighbor should be a reliable person and willing to help each other. For example, if I am going away from home for few days and if I have a reliable neighbor, I can trust him or her to help me keep an eye on my place and collect the mail for me.

Second, a thoughtful person could be a good neighbor. Neighbors should show their consideration for their neighbors. Sometimes it is good to have a small talk with neighbors to keep good relationships with each other. Furthermore, if your neighbors have a good relationship with you, they would be more willing to help you when you need.

However, a good neighbor should always respect his or her neighbors. He or she should know the boundaries and not interfere with other families’ issues. For example, if I had a conflict with my family, I would never want my neighbors to come to my home and try to be peace-keepers. Moreover, they should not disturb others living qualities. For example, a good neighbor should not play music or watch TV with a high volume late at night.

Because of the statements and examples above, I should say that a good neighbor is one who is considerable, friendly and knows the limitations of being a neighbor.

sorry! i posted my essay here by mistake! ><