One place or move to other places?

Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throughout their lives, looking for a better job, house, community, or even climate. Which do you prefer: staying in one place or moving in search of another place? Use reasons and specific examples to support your opinion.

The world has provided people with many challenges which have left many to decide on whether to live in one place or keep relocating to other places for a better living. While others prefer to stay in the same place may be because they are comfortable there, others like moving from one place to another because they need better jobs, houses, and communities with good climatic conditions. In my opinion, people should keep moving from one place to another in search for places with better living conditions.

First and foremost, when people move from one place to another, they have the opportunity to meet different type of people and exchange ideas in their various fields of study. When people live in one location, they may have to do the same thing over and over; meanwhile, if they were relocating to other places, they will have the opportunity to share their technological know-how with other people. This can help one to have diversified knowledge in several fields and be able to live just anywhere he or she finds himself/herself.

Secondly, people can have the opportunity to compare and choose the job that is highly rewarding. In many countries, salaries differ from one town or city to another. For example, in Cameroon, one can have a highly paid job in Douala than in Yaounde because the former is the economic capital of the country and is where people from other parts of the nation and other countries meet to do business. In addition, many companies and industries are located there which need the services of people from many fields of study.

Thirdly, the climatic conditions of other communities are not favorable for others to live there. With this effect, they have to relocate to places with climatic conditions favorable to their health than to remain in a place which is not comfortable to them and can lead to several health problems. In my country for example, the Northern region is very hot and crops do not do well there. So, many people move from there to other regions with fertile soils and good housing conditions.

In summary, the world has provided us with many opportunities and I believe it is important for people to move from one place to the other in order to take advantage of some of them such as: acquiring high paid jobs, living in good and comfortable communities, and where the climatic conditions are favorable than to live in areas that are detrimental to their health.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why do the Lascaux cave paintings probably not qualify as graffiti?

Good afternoon Nzuahp. An impressive essay. Well done.

Kitos. 10/10*****

Good afternoon kitos.
Thanks immensely for going through my work.
I really appreciate your help.

Your essay is really good Nzuahp.
I would like to write the same way as you do. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your comment Sonav.

I used to score 7/10 by kitos evaluation but, with constant practice, I have been able to achieve a score of 10/10 on some of my essays.

With the same effort, you can make it too.