One more writing for IELTS writing task 2, thaks in adavnce for checking.

[b]According to those in the travel business, the nature of the average ‘holiday’ is changing. Rather than seeking a relaxing break in a far-away place, people now want exitement on their holidays and are keen to participate in unusual and challenging activities.

Do you agree or disagree? [/b]

Holidays are vital for us because they provide a break from daily routine. They give us something more than just sitting in front of  a display in a cubicle at work. Package holidays have been very popular these days. If we want to relax and get away from it all we can choose this kind of spending our free time. But on the other hand it seems that other types of holidays are becoming popular.

For some people spending their free time relaxing and doing nothing in insufficient; they seek something more thrilling and adventurous. That is why they tend to be more flexible when it comes to holidays. By doing normal activities they can be bored quickly. There are a vast variety of ways of spending free time in unusual way, like climbing or parachuting and many more. For example my father is used to taking our family to the Tatra National Park, where we climb, doing sheer faces of the mountains, which is pretty dangerous and arduous. But to me it is a good risk.  This is one of two important reasons why people are choosing activities like these ones. 

Moreover, demanding sports such as paragliding, mountaineering or BASE jumping have an element of risk and people who are willing to try risk life and limb. Therefore they seek exactly this kind of feelings; they want to prove themselves as an individuals and they want to push themselves to attain impossible. For instance my older brother always when he has a day off from the work he takes his mountain bike and he rides downhill,often with a furious speed. 

In conclusion, the tourism market is changing all the time. An active holidays are becoming more and more popular. To my way of thinking people have been more aware these days; they prefer spending holidays actively because they want to stay in a good shape and lead a hectic life or  just think that this is more refreshing to take an active holiday. Though that is still a question of personal preference. 

Thank You Luschen :slight_smile:

TOEFL listening lectures: What happened at the Potsdam Conference?