OKEE - DOKEY?

What does ‘okee-dokey’ mean?

‘Okey-dokee’ is a variant of okay.

Anglophile,
Madam Beeesneees is correct.
The ‘okee-dokey’ is not found anywhere.
Its equivalent term ‘okey-dokey’ or ‘okey-doke’ or ‘okeydokey/okeydoke’ is found.
It is mostly used for ‘OK’. Sometimes it is used as an exclamation for agreement.
"Okeydoke kids, it’s time to clean up now.”
“Okeydokey! I pick you up at seven.”
These are the findings I got from the net.
Thanks.

Thanks for the explanation. While reading a narrative I found it. Maybe, ‘okee’ is erroneously spelled.

“The train stopped with the hot wheel over a wooden bridge with creosote ties and trusses. When crew tried to explain to higher-ups they needed to move the train, they were instructed not to move the train because Federal Regulations prohibit moving the train when a part is defective. Well okee-dokey then, and the pictures tell the rest.”

By the way, I’d have used ‘the’ before ‘crew’.

The fact that the article is missing befor ‘crew’ indicates that this probably wasn’t written by someone with English as their first language, which would also account for the misspelling… though I wonder how many native English speakers would be able to write the phrase without checking the spelling, particularly as it’s only generally used in conversation. I’ll bet that there are all sorts of incorrect variants!

It is understood that the author is from Kansas. I can’t say whether his first language is English but he writes good American English. Why worry about it so much, after all?

Who’s worrying? I was just discussing the possibilities.

Your comments about the author being from Kansas and writing ‘good American English’ intrigued me, so I googled the entire statement. I’m not sure which of the many sources you used, but I accept that the likelihood is the writer comes from Kansas as that’s where the incident is said to have occurred. I cannot find anything that might indicate the ‘author’ generally wrote god English. Perhaps you could point me in that direction? Possibly this blog post is your source as it contains the exact typos and phrases above:
olbroad.com/2014/03/17/rules-are-rules/
If so, it wasn’t even penned by the blog owner.

What I did find during my quick search were other versions which include the article correctly placed in accounts of the incident (which is apparently largely fictitious anyway).