of as an adjective

Dear All,

As far as I know. the preposition “Of” often stands before noun not adjective. But Sometimes I saw behind “of” is adjective. So Could anyone help me to explain what I am confusing.

I will be grateful

I’m not sure where there is a case that “of” comes before an adjective. Can you give an example here ? I think it can only come after certain verbs and adjectives. Take a look at the following examples:

• it’s nice/silly/foolish of sb to do st.
  • To think of st.
  • To be proud of st.

This is an example of intriguing questions. I am going to have to think of an exceptional answer. A prepositional phrase consists of at least a preposition and an object, but the object may be modified by an adjective and/or article.

as you wish. This is a video instructing how to used “kind of and sort of”. Because when I watched this video I made me a little confused. That’s why I logged in here and posted what I am wondering.

Kind of/sort of or in short kinda/sorta are two casual phrases used in spoken English they are used as adverbs. and mean “a little bit”, that’s why they come before an adjective or even a verb.

• I kinda hate this guy.
  • I’m sorta tired.

I am going [color=violet]to have to think of an exceptional answer.

I do not understand this in violet colour. Thanks

Sorry, I should have said “I am going to have to think of exceptional answers”.

I was trying to give an example sentence where “of” was used in front of an adjective

I don’t think the word ‘of’ can be used as an adjective.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Two colleagues talk about their current projects.[YSaerTTEW443543]

Luschen,

1. I am going to have to think of an exceptional answer.
  2. I am going to have to think of exceptional answers.
    What is wrong with #1 sentence?

Nothing’s wrong with it, but Luschen was trying to give an example where ‘of’ was directly followed by an adjective. Because the singular form requires the article, the words ‘think’ and ‘exceptional’ are separated.