Nowadays plastic money replacements such as credit- Task2

Nowadays plastic money replacements such as credit and debit cards are extremely popular, even more than banknotes and coins. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this. Include your personal opinion and examples based on your own experience.

It is well said that “Money is honey”. Presently, the prevalence of using of credit and debit card is on the rise. Therefore, the importance of banknote and coins is on the back seat. Here, I would like to account for both merits and demerits of this trend with my own perception.

There are many manifold advantages of this phenomenon. First and foremost, plastic money brings more safety to human life as they rarely being victim of robbery. Thus, People can carry all their money in their pocket without any problem. For example, I always had a phobia about being victim of mugging when I had supposed to carrying a huge amount of money in my bag. In addition, in spite of banknotes, these cards do not worn-out so they can be used for a long term. Moreover, as all your money is in your pocket, you can be sure having adequate money whenever you go for shopping.

On the contrary, it has some drawbacks too. To begin with, although using these cards could decrease rate of rubbery, it would causes new term of digital fraud. Every day, we have heard some news about hacking banks’ accounts and stealing money from them. For example, Last week, a client of an international bank, steal money from two hundred accounts. In addition, as people have all their money in one place, they have more temptation to spend their money on unnecessary stuff. Furthermore, in some occasion customers lose their money just because of failures which occur in their connectivity with their bank.

To sum up, after analyzing both advantages and disadvantages of this trend, it is believed that pros of plastic money outweigh the cons and it is highly recommended, government should encourage people to use these cards more than the past.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation about toys

Hi Minooee, I thought this was one of your better essays. Your introduction was very good, but with a few changes, I thought it could have been even better. You have some good arguments and have presented them fairly clearly, but you do have a few vague or awkward sounding phrases. Overall, I would rate this a band 6.5 .