Nowadays it is easier to maintain good health than it was in the past

Please someone correct and rate my essay. thanks

Do yo agree or disagree with the following statement.
Nowadays it is easier to maintain good health than it was in the past.

Health plays an important role in people’s lives and society because not only does a community need healthy persons to thrive, but also individuals require health body to get their goals. Some people are inclined toward the attitude that there was more ease and comfort to maintain good health in the past rather than now, whereas others hold the opposite perspective. I personally, though, believe that today living in a healthy manner is by far easier and more comfortable than ever because of improvements of both medical health care and people’s knowledge.
The first reason that should be taken into consideration is that the health care has profoundly enhanced. Now health care is available for all people and there are more clinics and hospitals having different medical devices and facilities such as digital X-ray rooms, robotic surgery, and so on. When someone is ill, she can go to the public hospital placing near her home. To elaborate on my point further, take the case of a woman suffering from cancer and living in a small town for instance. She does need to travel a long distance to cure her disease because there is a high quality hospital in her own city. As a result, when coming back from hospital to the home, she is not tired. In addition, she does not expend more money to take a trip to go to a big city to use medicine equipment.
Apart from the points made above, no one can overlook the fact that the level of individual’s knowledge has also drastically improved. Most people have academic studies and study varies resources about disease and ways from that they can prevent. For instance, they know that eating low fat foods prevents form heart disease or eating fruits and vegetables prevents from cancer. Moreover, they pay more attention to personal hygiene. To illustrate further, consider a man who has diabetes for instance. When he notices that he has this type of disease, he tries to study about it from internet medicine websites, Television programs, magazines. Furthermore, He also goes to the clinic for monthly checkup. In contrast, many years ago people died because of absence of sufficient knowledge about their own illness and did activities that damaged to their health.
To put it in a nutshell, I am of the opinion that nowadays persons live in a healthy way more comfortable than in the past. This is because medical technology has improved. Furthermore, people has increased their medicine information.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two university instructors

1 Like

Hi Samirahlh, another pretty good essay. You have some great examples that are relevant and detailed. Your overall structure is good too. But once again you have some odd sounding phrases and some sentences that are not completely clear. So overall, I can only rate this one a 3.5 out of 5.

1 Like

Thank you so much for correcting my essay. I have a question, I can use “In the past, people can maintain good health with more ease rather than now” instead of this sentence “there was more ease and comfort to maintain good health in the past rather than now”? since I need to paraphrase this sentence “It is easier to maintain good health now than in the past”. please help me.

1 Like

This is closer, but since you are talking about the past, you have to use “could”, not “can” - also “rather than” is used when describing two different things, not a varying degree. So you could say “I prefer cake rather than ice cream.”
But NOT
“I think cake is more delicious rather than ice cream.” - since you are comparing the amount of deliciousness. It would use be “I think cake is more delicious than ice cream.”
So for your sentence, it should be “In the past people could maintain good health with more ease than now.”

Your paraphrase is incorrect and actually has the opposite meaning of the original sentence. Maybe something like. “Staying healthy is a much simpler and more manageable task than it was even a few generations ago.”

1 Like

I agree with the author that nowadays it’s easier to maintain good health than it was in the past. Just look at life expectancy. It is constantly growing.

3 Likes

The truth is that what you say can attribute the fact that before people did not know the things, the components or the things they ingested, that that the diet was better is not true, on the other hand, we are not out of the same situation to what we It helps us is that the internet already lets us know more and the complaints already arrive directly what one should do as you say is to take good care of yourself, in the store where I bought my mobility scooters in Canada and I found good nutritional supplements and also good proteins to take care of the body.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree with you. I would like to mention the fact that the pandemic has influenced the healthcare sphere a lot. We got access to any online services. For example, it is simple to find meds [discounted at the UK Meds The prices there are much lower than in usual drugstores. And we don’t have to go anywhere to buy them.

2 Likes

I agree with you that maintaining good health is now easier than before. And with the fact that life expectancy is increasing. But this is more a consequence of the fact that medicine is getting better and more people can afford it.

2 Likes

Agree with your opinion! Medicine becomes better but, unfortunately, not everyone can afford it.
I believe that there is more merit in the development of science, research technologies and the emphasis on maintaining a high level of health through prevention and regular check-ups than the treatment of diseases. I recently read about dyslexia in children and Down syndrome at Nursing & Health Essay Examples and Topics at Eduzaurus and want to say that we live in the best time because the level of medicine is very high. There is a lot of exciting material on how to avoid it or live with it with minimal discomfort for the child and parents.
I recommend you look to understand the issue better, if you have not heard much about it.

2 Likes