Nora

5percangol.hu/images/source_ … FARMS1.mp3

WHAT FARMERS DO ON FARM.

Farmer’s job is very complicated as they not only plough and sow, but they usually have to manage their whole farm, and make important decisions. Let’s see what farmers really do!

They are business managers, salespersons and supervisors

To make a living, a farmer must decide what and where to raise or plant crops and livestock. Farmers must be aware of trends in foods and other agricultural products, to sell the harvest at its highest price or provide sufficient calories, vitamins and minerals to keep the family and any livestock healthy. Farmers must follow the ups and downs of the commodities market, storing their harvest if they are able, selling their crop only when they think they can receive the maximum possible benefit. Everyone in the family must pull together to take care of the crops and the animals. Farmers supervise family members and seasonal agricultural workers. They hire outside help only when absolutely necessary and only hire those workers who will give a full day’s work for a full day’s pay.

They are veterinarians, too.

Veterinary care is expensive. Most farmers take care of all but the most complicated problems themselves, including such things as assisting in calving and lambing,treating minor to moderate cuts and abrasions, performing castrations, treating most illnesses and tending to overall general health and wellness. Most farmers administer inoculations themselves.

They are carpenters and construction workers as well

Farmers build and repair fences, barns and outbuildings and maintain coops and pens. They dig post holes, repair roofs, dig trenches and build feeders, nesting boxes and shade structures. Farmers must know how to correctly and safely use hand and power tools as well as how to safely operate heavy equipment.

to plough
to sow
to water
to harvest
to milk
to feed
to manage
to make a decision
to decide
to raise crops
to plant crops
to be aware of
harvest
to provide
sufficient
ups and downs
commodities market
to store
to supervise
veterinary care
to take care of
calving
lambing
to treat cut
abrasion
castration
to administer inoculations
to dig holes
to dig trenches
feeder
nesting boksz

5percangol.hu/images/source_ … NGARY1.mp3
FARMING IN HUNGARY

The major part of Hungary’s land is arable as the climate is suitable for agriculture;approximately one-tenth of the country’s land is under permanent cultivation. Nowadays, privately owned farms produce much of the country’s fruit and vegetables. Livestock in Hungary mainly includes chickens, pigs, cattle, geese and sheep. As far as the crops are concerned, the most important are cereal grains, like wheat, corn and rye, but the country also produces potatoes, sunflower seed and sugar beet.

The Hungarian breeds of domestic animals are often seen as national symbols in Hungary. Local national parks serve as “gene banks” to ensure their survival. The most important Hungarian breeds of domestic animals are:

• Long-horn Hungarian Grey Cattle - Hungarian breed, traditionally kept in the open full year.

• Hungarian thoroughbred horses - a mid-19th century mixture of the best Arab and English race horse characteristics.

• Lipizzan - the mostly white breed of heavy cavalry horses, originated from Slovenia and successfully bred in Hungary.

• Mangalitsa - a breed of pigs, characterised by their long curly hair and relatively fatty meat which makes them ideal for making sausages and salami.

• Racka - a breed of sheep with distinctive horns.

the major part of
arable
climate
to be suitable for
approximately
permanent
cultivation
nowadays
as far as … is/are concerned-
breed
gene
to ensure
survival
traditionally
thoroughbred
to originate from
to be characterised by
distinctive

crops:
wheat
corn
barley
rapeseed
sunflower
alfalfa
tocacco
rice
tea
coffee
flax
supercane
cotton

LIVESTOCK:
pig-piglet
sheep and lamb
goat and kid
hoarse and foal
cow-bull-little calf
dunky-young ass
turkey
duck-duckling
goose/pl:geese
cock or rooster/chick or chicken/hen-egg

FARMING - VOCABULARY AND READING TEST

1. Decide if the statements are TRUE or FALSE.
  1. There were more kinds of farms in the 20th century than there are today.
  2. It is a great advantage if you already have fruit trees on the farm you buy because they don’t need much care after they are planted.
  3. Being a farmer today involves more work than just taking care of the land and livestock.
  4. More and more young people study agriculture at universities or colleges and settle down in the countryside.
  5. One of the national symbols of Hungary is the Mangalitza.
  1. Choose the right answer.
  1. Local national parks are important because
    a) the Hungarian livestock is kept there to breed in a natural environment.
    b) they play an important role in the survival of some breeds of domestic animals.
    c) there they preserve the genes of important domestic animals.

2. A farmer’s job is
    a) easier today than it was in the past thanks to the advanced technology.
    b) complicated because it involves more than just plowing and sowing.
    c) perfect for people who would like a carefree life surrounded by animals and nature.

3. Veterinarians are
    a) are only called in if it is absolutely necessary.
    b) a daily part of life on a big farm.
    c) needed to give vaccines to the animals.

4. In the early 20th century
    a) farmers raised all kinds of crops and animals.
    b) women did the same kind of farm work as men.
    c) there were fewer kinds of livestock.

5. If you want to become a farmer today
    a) you must have a degree in some field of agriculture.
    b) you should know much more than farming.
    c) you have to have some veterinary skills.

1. Fill in the gap using some of the following words (you will not need to use all the words).

a) diverse, b) supervise, c) originates, d) distinctive, e) beneficial, f) sufficient, g) ensures, h) fortunate, i) treat, j) move off

1. I felt very … because I not only passed the exam, but also got the highest mark.
  2. I don’t know why you … your parents like that. I am sure they don’t deserve it.
  3. There was such a … range of products I really had a hard time choosing what I wanted.
  4. I think it’s … to spend some time alone abroad learning languages.
  5. He always … that I have everything I need.

Answers:
I/ 1) T, 2) F , 3) T, 4) F, 5) F
II/ 1) b, 2) b, 3) a, 4) a, 5) b
III/1) h, 2) i, 3) a, 4) e, 5) g

FARM IDIOMS

Good seed makes a good crop.
meaning: Starting with good materials will help you get good results.
example: I am sure Robert’s business will flourish. He’s capable and honest, and good seed makes a good crop.

a cattle market(also a meat market)
meaning:a place where people go to see sexually attractive women or to find sexual partners
example: It seems that beauty contests nowadays are just cattle markets. –

to buy the farm (slang)
meaning:to die/ to get killed/kick the bucket
example: I’ll pass through this illness, I’m too young to buy the farm.

to sell the farm/to bet the farm
meaning:to liquidate all one’s assets in order to raise money to invest in something
example: It’s a risky proposition. I wouldn’t bet the farm on it.

a funny farm(slang)
meaning:a hospital for people who are mentally ill
example:If things get much worse they’ll be carrying me off to the funny farm.

factory farming (mainly British)
meaning: a system for producing eggs, meat, and milk quickly and cheaply by keeping animals in small closed areas and giving them food which makes them grow quickly
example: They’ve launched a campaign against the abuses of factory farming.

to farm out somebody (to somebody) also farm somebody out (to somebody)
meaning: to give someone to someone else who will take care of them
example: She farmed out her children to her brother for two weeks.

to farm out something (to somebody) also farm something out (to somebody)
meaning: to give work or responsibilities to other people
example: If you can’t finish the reports by next week, you should farm them out.

to plough a lonely furrow (mainly British literary)
meaning: to do something alone and without help from other people
example: He’d always been happier working in isolation, ploughing a lone furrow.

to reap a/the harvest of something
meaning: to receive the good results of past actions

example: Learning English is not a waste of time. You’ll reap the harvest of your efforts soon!

to call hogs (slang)
meaning: to snore
example: I couldn’t sleep at all last night, with Uncle Joe calling hogs in the next room.

to be raised in a barn
meaning: brought up to behave like a barnyard animal/ having crude behaviour
example: Don’t wipe your nose on your sleeve. Were you raised in a barn? –

What’s the weather like in England?

WEATHER IN ENGLAND
5percangol.hu/images/source_ … ngland.mp3

n England you never know what the weather will be like from one day to the other. It can be sunny one day and rainy the next. As the climate is very variable and changes from day to day, it is difficult to predict the weather. In general they have warm summers and cool winters. The summers are cooler than those on the continent, but the winters are milder. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn’t rain every day in England or in the rest of the UK! However, it is always advisable to bring some type of waterproof clothing and keep yourself psychologically prepared!

…. what the weather will be like -
climate
variable
to predict
in general
milder
contrary to popular belief
advisable
waterproof clothing
prepared

Question and Answers

Q: What is the weather like today?
A1: It’s a beautiful day! The Sun is shining, the sky is clear, and it’s at least 25 degrees Celsius.
A2: Unfortunately the weather is very cold and dump today. It’s raining, too. I don’t like rain, and Idon’t like to be cold.

Q: What will be the weather like tomorrow?
A1: According to the weather forecast, it will be clear and sunny tomorrow, but there might be scattered showers, too.
A2: According to the weather forecast, it will be snowy and cold tomorrow.

Q: What sort of weather do you like most? And least?
A1: I like when it is hot and sunny outside.
A2: I like when it’s snowing.

Q: Do you sleep with windows open?
A1: Yes, I like fresh air, and I always sleep with open windows, even in winter. I sleep much better when it’s not too hot in the room.
A2: I sleep with open windows only in summer. In winter, I always turn on the heating because I hate cold! I generally open the windows for 5 minutes to let in some fresh air.

Q: Do you like sitting in the sun?
A1: Oh, yes! I love sitting in the sun. I always look forward to my holidays. I generally go to the seaside.
A2: Actually I don’t really like sitting in the sun. I prefer shadows. If the weather is too hot, I usually have a headache.

Q: Which month does it rain most in Hungary?
A1: I have no idea. I am not a weatherman/weathergirl.
A2: I think it is April or May, but I’m not sure.

Q: Do you like rain/snow?
A1: I like snow, and I like winter in general because I can do a lot of winter sports, like skating and skiing. I don’t like rain, because you can’t do anything when it’s raining outside.
A2: I don’t really like snow, I prefer summer to winter. I hate rain, too. I hate getting soaked to the skin.

Q: How do you protect yourself from rain?
A: If it’s raining you can protect yourself with an umbrella or with a raincoat. You can also put on rubber boots.

Q: Do you like snow? What do you do when there is snow?
A1: I like snow, if there is a lot a snow I build a snowman or I go to sledge.
A2: I hate snow, so if it’s snowing I generally stay at home, in the warm room.

Q: What is the climate in England like?
A: The climate is very variable in England, so it is difficult to predict what the weather will be like. In general they have warm summers and cool winters. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn’t rain every day in England.

What’s the weather like in England?

WEATHER IN ENGLAND
5percangol.hu/images/source_ … ngland.mp3

In England you never know what the weather will be like from one day to the other. It can be sunny one day and rainy the next. As the climate is very variable and changes from day to day, it is difficult to predict the weather. In general they have warm summers and cool winters. The summers are cooler than those on the continent, but the winters are milder. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn’t rain every day in England or in the rest of the UK! However, it is always advisable to bring some type of waterproof clothing and keep yourself psychologically prepared!

…. what the weather will be like -
climate /klaɪmət]
variable /veərɪəbəl]
to predict/ prɪˈdɪkt]
in general / ˈdʒenrəl]
milder/maɪldər]
contrary to popular belief / kənˈtreəri tu ˈpɒpjʊlər bɪˈliːf]
advisable/ advisable
waterproof clothing /wɔːtəpruːf kləʊðɪŋ]
prepared /prɪˈpeəd

Question and Answers

Q: What is the weather like today?
A1: It’s a beautiful day! The Sun is shining, the sky is clear, and it’s at least 25 degrees Celsius.
A2: Unfortunately the weather is very cold and dump today. It’s raining, too. I don’t like rain, and Idon’t like to be cold.

Q: What will be the weather like tomorrow?
A1: According to the weather forecast, it will be clear and sunny tomorrow, but there might be scattered showers, too.
A2: According to the weather forecast, it will be snowy and cold tomorrow.

Q: What sort of weather do you like most? And least?
A1: I like when it is hot and sunny outside.
A2: I like when it’s snowing.

Q: Do you sleep with windows open?
A1: Yes, I like fresh air, and I always sleep with open windows, even in winter. I sleep much better when it’s not too hot in the room.
A2: I sleep with open windows only in summer. In winter, I always turn on the heating because I hate cold! I generally open the windows for 5 minutes to let in some fresh air.

Q: Do you like sitting in the sun?
A1: Oh, yes! I love sitting in the sun. I always look forward to my holidays. I generally go to the seaside.
A2: Actually I don’t really like sitting in the sun. I prefer shadows. If the weather is too hot, I usually have a headache.

Q: Which month does it rain most in Hungary?
A1: I have no idea. I am not a weatherman/weathergirl.
A2: I think it is April or May, but I’m not sure.

Q: Do you like rain/snow?
A1: I like snow, and I like winter in general because I can do a lot of winter sports, like skating and skiing. I don’t like rain, because you can’t do anything when it’s raining outside.
A2: I don’t really like snow, I prefer summer to winter. I hate rain, too. I hate getting soaked to the skin.

Q: How do you protect yourself from rain?
A: If it’s raining you can protect yourself with an umbrella or with a raincoat. You can also put on rubber boots.

Q: Do you like snow? What do you do when there is snow?
A1: I like snow, if there is a lot a snow I build a snowman or I go to sledge.
A2: I hate snow, so if it’s snowing I generally stay at home, in the warm room.

Q: What is the climate in England like?
A: The climate is very variable in England, so it is difficult to predict what the weather will be like. In general they have warm summers and cool winters. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn’t rain every day in England.

Thank you so much Kati for sharing this.

Your welcome Joe. This is a Hungarian course which received from the Macmillian the best course of 2013. Macmillian awarded this prize every year. It is a miracle that they noticed that it is a very best Hungarian course. It was a very big dispute about it on the Internet. I answered the letters which tried to downgrade this course.

Take care:
Kati

Hitchcock (2012)- Biography | Drama

A love story between influential filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock and wife Alma Reville during the filming of Psycho in 1959.

Storyline
In 1959, Alfred Hitchcock and his wife, Alma, are at the top of their creative game as filmmakers amid disquieting insinuations about it being time to retire. To recapture his youth’s artistic daring, Alfred decides his next film will adapt the lurid horror novel, Psycho, over everyone’s misgivings. Unfortunately, as Alfred self-finances and labors on this film, Alma finally loses patience with his roving eye and controlling habits with his actresses. When an ambitious friend lures her to collaborate on a work of their own, the resulting marital tension colors Alfred’s work even as the novel’s inspiration haunts his dreams.

amid PREP. (əˈmɪd )=
= 1.in the middle of or during something, especially something that causes excitement or fear
=2.surrounded by something
storyline (n) ( ˈstɔːrilaɪn )
the basic story in a novel, play, film/movie, etc.
syn: plot

disquieting ADJ.(dɪsˈkwaɪətɪŋ )=
= causing worry and unhappiness

[b]insinuation /b( ɪnˌsɪnjuˈeɪʃn ) (ɪnˌsɪnjuˈeɪʃn )
1 ©
something that somebody insinuates
She resented the insinuation that she was too old for the job.
2 (U)
the act of insinuating something
His reputation was ruined by insinuation and rumour.

insinuate (v) (ɪnˈsɪnjueɪt ) = to suggest indirectly that something unpleasant is true

recapture sth (v) (ˌriːˈkæptʃə®) here: recapture something
to bring back a feeling or repeat an experience that you had in the past

lurid (adj)(ˈlʊərɪd) here: (especially of a story or piece of writing)
shocking and violent in a way that is deliberate

[b]misgiving /b (mɪsˈɡɪvɪŋ )

[countable, usually plural, uncountable] misgiving about something/about doing something
feelings of doubt or anxiety about what might happen, or about whether or not something is the right thing to do

[b]self-finances/b (self-ˈfaɪnænsiz) the money available to a person, an organization or a country; the way this money is managed

IDIOMS
[b]have a roving eye /b
to always be looking for the chance to have a new sexual relationship

roving glance = give sy a searching look
(ˈsɜːtʃɪŋ lʊk]

give sg the once-over

once-over NOUN
IDIOMS
give somebody/something a/the once-over (informal)
to look at somebody/something quickly to see what they or it are like
to clean something quickly
She gave the room a quick once-over before the guests arrived.

lure (v) (lʊə®/ ljʊə®/ lʊr/

lure somebody (+ adverb/preposition) (disapproving) to persuade or trick somebody to go somewhere or to do something by promising them a reward
SYNONYM entice
The child was lured into a car but managed to escape.
Young people are lured to the city by the prospect of a job and money.

marital (adj) / ˈmærɪtl / ˈmærɪtl
[only before noun]
connected with marriage or with the relationship between a husband and wife
marital difficulties/breakdown

Hi Kati,

Indeed it is a great course. And I want to ask you whether you have seen the movie ‘Psycho’? This is the best thriller movie ever made, I like Alfred Hitchcock’s movies. Can you imagine he made this masterpiece in 1959?

Regards.

TRAVELLING BY AIR/AIRPORT CHECK-IN

Woman: Excuse me, can I check in here?
Attendant: Certainly. Can I see your ticket?
Woman: Yes, of course. Flight BA 0868 to Budapest.
Attendant: Have you got any bags?
Woman: Yes, just one.
Attendant: Would you like a window or an aisle seat?
Woman: I prefer a window seat.
Attendant: Did you pack your bag yourself?
Woman: Yes, I did.
Attendant: Did you put all the things in your bag?
Woman: Yes, I did.
Attendant: Was your bag with you at all times?
Woman: Yes, it was.
Attendant: All right. Thank you. You depart from Gate thirteen at four o’clock.
Woman: Thank you.

IMPORTANT PHRASES

Can I check in here?
Can I see your ticket?
Have you got any bags?
Would you like a window or an aisle seat?
I prefer a window seat.
Did you pack your bag yourself?
Did you put all the things in your bag?
Was your bag with you at all times?
You depart from Gate 13 at four o’clock.

IMPORTANT WORDS

to check in
certainly
of course
flight
bag
aisle
to prefer
at all times
gate

TRAVELLING BY AIR/I CAN’T FIND MY SEAT

Woman: Excuse me, can you help me find my seat?
Flight Attendant: Yes, certainly. May I have your boarding pass, please?
Woman: Yes, here you are.
Flight Attendant: You are in 11K. It´s the third aisle seat on the right.
Woman: Thanks.

Woman:Excuse me. I think I´m in 11K. I think you´re sitting in my seat.
Man: I don´t think so. My ticket says 11K.
Woman: Look, my boarding card says 11K.
Man: Oh, let me find my boarding card. Oh my card says 11K too.
Woman: There must be some mistake, let me find the air stewardess.
Flight Attendant: Sorry, there must have been some mistake at the booking desk.
Woman: Could you please find me another window seat, please?
Flight attendant: I will see what I can do. Wait one moment please.
Woman: Fine.
Flight Attendant: Sorry about the mix-up. We don’t have a seat in economy, but we can offer you a seat in first class with a window seat.
Woman: Great, that would be perfect.

IMPORTANT PHRASES

Can you help me find my seat?
May I have your boarding pass, please?
Here you are. .
It´s the third aisle seat on the right.
I think you´re sitting in my seat.
I don’t think so.
There must be some mistake. .
Let me find the air stewardess.
There must have been some mistake at the booking desk.
Could you please find me another window seat?
I will see what I can do.
Wait one moment please.

IMPORTANT WORDS

seat
certainly
boarding pass
aisle
on the right
on the left
boarding card
mistake
air stewardess
mix-up (n)
in economy
to offer

5percangol.hu/images/source_ … itanic.mp3

The Titanic sails again: Australian tycoon unveils plans for perfect replica of doomed vessel

The sequel to the doomed liner that sank 100 years ago was announced on Tuesday - after its designer claimed it would be the safest cruise ship in the world. He said that it had more than enough lifeboats and that the hull was stronger than the wooden original because it was made from steel composite. Despite his confidence the mastermind behind the project, brash Australian mining billionaire Clive Palmer, refused say it was ‘unsinkable’. He said: 'I think anything will sink if you put a hole in it. I think you’d be very cavalier to say something like that.

The six-day maiden voyage will take place in late 2016 and will be from Southampton to New York to ‘complete the journey’ started all those years ago. Just like in 1912 there will be three classes of passenger tickets and everyone on board will be provided with early-20th-century-style clothes and undergarments in their cabins to get them in the mood.

Whilst there will be air conditioning there will be no TVs and no Internet in a bid to get back to the ‘romance’ of a bygone age. There will be capacity for 2,435 passengers and 900 crew. There will also be lifeboats that can carry 2,700 and life rafts with an additional capacity of 800. The original Titanic had just 16 wooden lifeboats that accommodated 1,178 people, one third of the total capacity. It will have a maximum speed of 24 knots, the same as the first Titanic. Other original features, which will also appear on Titanic II include the Turkish baths, the Cafe Parisien, the two ‘Millioniare Suites’, the Chart Room, and the quarters belonging to Titanic Master Captain Edward Smith. For entertainment guests can enjoy the casino, cinema or shopping area.

He said: ‘40,000 people had registered for tickets on the ship’s website with 16 offering between $750,000 and $1m to be on the opening voyage.’

source:dailymail

Titanic plan

FIBDING A NUNNY

5percangol.hu/images/source_ … sation.mp3

Monica: I feel we’re never gonna find a nanny!
Peter: Don’t give up, there is somebody coming in 5 minutes. Maybe she’ll be the right person.

The next applicant, Anna, a 24-year old girl, has just arrived.

Monica: So I don’t go back to work for another four weeks, but we would like our nanny to start right away, so that Emily could get a chance to know her.
Anna: I think that’s really smart. The easier we can make the transition for her, the better.
Monica: Anna, could you tell me something about your qualifications?
Anna: I took part in a babysitter’s training program organised by the British Red Cross. Here is my certificate. The program included a certification in infant and child CPR, too.
Monica:What do you think, the most important qualities are to be a good babysitter?
Anna: In my opinion, a babysitter has to understand how hard it is to leave your child with another person. A babysitter has to be able to choose safe and age appropriate toys and games for the child, has to carry out basic care, such as feeding and changing, at last, but not least has to be able to perform basic first aid, and ensurea safe babysitting experience.
Monica: All right, Anna. You could read in our ad, that we are looking for a nanny who can take care of Emily every day from 8 am to 5 pm. Is it okay with you?
Anna: Yes, certainly.
Monica: When can you start?
Anna: If you need, I can start from tomorrow.
Monica:That sounds great. We’ll be waiting for you tomorrow at 8 am, and I’ll show you everything then.
Anna: Thank you Mrs Collins. See you tomorrow.

nanny ˈnæni]
applicantˈæplɪkənt]
to give up ɡɪv ʌp]
to get a chance ɡet ə tʃɑːns]
smart smɑːt]
transition trænˈZɪʃən]
qualification kwɒlɪfɪˈKeɪʃən]
Red Cross red krɒs]
certificate səˈTɪfɪkeɪt]
CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) ˌkɑːdioˈPʊlməˌneri rɪˌsʌsɪˈTeɪʃən]
in my opinion - ɪn maɪ əˈPɪnɪən]
age appropriate - eɪdʒ əˈPrəʊpriət]
basic care - first aid /beisic caə(r)/ fɜːst eɪd]
to perform basic first aid / pəˈFɔːm fɜːst eɪd]
to ensure ɪnˈʃʊə]

Indirect questions

Who? -
Whom? -
What? -
Where? -
When? -
Which? -
Why? -
Whose? -
How?

Direct questions - inversion
Do you live here?
where do you live?

Indirect question is MORE POLITE.
DIRECT QUESTION: What time is it, please?
INDIRECT QUESTION: Could you tell me what the time is, please?
In indirect question 2 questions are combined.
Could you tell me? (1) + What time is it? (2)

WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE COMBINATION?
The word order become direct. After what there isn’t inversion = what time is. The real question is in the second tag of the sentence.

Where is Paul? Do you know? – Do you know where Paul is?
Who is that girl? Have you any idea? – Have you any idea who that girl is?

Other introducing questions:

Could you tell me …?

Do you know …?

Have you got any idea?/Do you have any idea?

Would you mind telling me?

FUTURE-EXERCISES

1.If they don’t hurry up they will miss the train.
2. They’ve been planning this trip for months. They are leaving on Sunday.
3. Do you know what time the bus leaves tomorrow.
4. I think she will be very happy to see both of us.
5. By this time tomorrow we will have arrived in India.
6. If you don’t cut back on sweets you are going to put on lot of weight.
7. At this time next week I will be swimming in the ocean.
8. I am meeting Jim on Monday at 5 pm. at that new restaurant.
9.Sorry, but I am not going to be able to make it to your party,

(make it = to be able to be present at a place
I’m sorry I won’t be able to make it (= for example, to a party) on Saturday.)

10.By this time next year the will have been living in Los Angeles for five years.

Future simple: not planned, not arranged, we find out in the moment of the conversation. mostly a sudden reaction. For example.

• if the waiter asks you: What do you want to eat? Your answer will be in Future simple.“What will you have Madam?” " I will have chicken."
    -offer: I’ll help you.
    -agreement: I’ll give it you this afternoon.
    -promise: I’ll pay you back on Friday
    and the next ones:
    -probably: I’ll probably be there at midnight.
    -expect: I expect she’ll come earlier tonight.
    -b sure/(I’m) not sure[/b]: Don’t worry! I’m sure you’ll pass the exam.
    -b think/(I) don’t think[/b]: I think Sarah will split up with Mark
    -I wonder: I wonder what will happen here.
    Present Continuous :planned + arranged + sure

Going to: planned (eltervezett): nem annyira biztosplanned + arranged

FUTURE TENSE_EXERCISES

1. What are you going to do when you leave university? I want to work in a bank.
    2.If the bus arrives late we will miss our train connection.
  2. It’s half past 7, and it takes 30 minutes to go to the airport. My plane leaves in 20 minutes. I am going to be late.
    4.We’ve had 15 replies to our party invitations, so we know 15 people definitely coming.
    5.I am sure you feel better after a nice cup of tee.
    6.Oh no! I’ve spilt my coffee. Don’t worry I’ll get a cloth to wipe it.
    7.My train doesn’t leave until Friday afternoon, so I will pack my suitcase in the morning.
    8.Can I come round on Saturday? Sure, I won’t be doing anything.
    9.The movie doesn’t start till 8 o’clock, so we are going to have a drink first.
    10 At the beginning of the next month we will have been married for 5 years.

Grammar
1.My friend was going to buy a new blouse, but at the shop she thought the price was rather high.

2.I heard somebody to scream in the basement.

1. Bob failed to turn up at the English class, didn’t he?

4.Shall I look after your dog while you are on holiday.

5.We’re really looking forward to going on our holiday.

6.We never feel lonely and alone. We have a good lot of friends.

7.Due to the bad weather conditions, the opening ceremony will be putting off.

8.My room-mate is such a nuisance. I can’t live on well with him any more.

9.It’s been a long time since we last have seen our favourite film.

10.Our new flat consist of three bedrooms and a living-room.

11.This is not a genuine Rembrandt.

12.He admitted to have stolen my diary

1. Who is your favourite singer? I haven’t got one.

14.Before selling our flat, we had to do it up.

1. I prefer milk chocolate to plain chocolate.

16.'I’m getting married next week. ’ Are you really?’

17.My father set off his business when he was 21 and he is now very successful.

18.His wife , who is 40 today, will get a new car for her birthday.

19.Jenny is an only child she hasn’t got any sisters and brothers.

20 What I like about her is her lovely smile.

1. What would you like to drink? I would like a glass of champaign.

22.Peter suggested having something to eat before we leave for work.

23.Susan proud of her daughters, however naughty they are.

24.It’s high time you found yourself a job.

25.The smuggler refused to tell the policemen which prison he ha been in

1. A: Is it OK if I arrive a little later?
    B: Just take your time. Everybody will be late anyway.

2. A: I don’t have time for anything except my work.
    B: Well, you have to make some time for your family too.

3. A: If we call a taxi we can get there much faster.
    B: That would be a great way to save some time.

4. A: I heard you had to wait ten hours for your flight. How did you pass the time?
    B: I made friends with another guy and we killed time together.

5. A: Will you have any free time this weekend to meet with us?
    B: Yes, but I want to spend some time at home with my family.

6. A: Maybe she will come if I ask her again.
    B: Don’t waste your time. She never goes anywhere.

Expressions with “time”

to have time
-Not hurry! -
-Okay I have time.
-Take your time.
to pass the time/ kill time = I am bored how to pass the time/kill the time
free/spare time = when you don’t have anything to do, you can do what you like
to waste time = You are wasting your time trying to explain to me.
to spend time = How do you spend your spare time?
to take time = It takes time to make changes in the law.
Take your time.=
Take your time before answering.
Hold your horses!
Easy does it!
Gently does it!
Steady!
to save time = gain time
He who gains time gains everything.
to make time for = find time for sth

1. A: Is it OK if I arrive a little later?
    B: Just take your time. Everybody will be late anyway.

2. A: I don’t have time for anything except my work.
    B: Well, you have to make some time for your family too.

3. A: If we call a taxi we can get there much faster.
    B: That would be a great way to save some time.

4. A: I heard you had to wait ten hours for your flight. How did you pass the time?
    B: I made friends with another guy and we killed time together.

5. A: Will you have any free time this weekend to meet with us?
    B: Yes, but I want to spend some time at home with my family.

6. A: Maybe she will come if I ask her again.
    B: Don’t waste your time. She never goes anywhere.

Expressions with “time”

to have time
-Not hurry! -
-Okay I have time.
-Take your time.
to pass the time/ kill time = I am bored how to pass the time/kill the time
free/spare time = when you don’t have anything to do, you can do what you like
to waste time = You are wasting your time trying to explain to me.
to spend time = How do you spend your spare time?
to take time = It takes time to make changes in the law.
Take your time.=
Take your time before answering.
Hold your horses!
Easy does it!
Gently does it!
Steady!
to save time = gain time
He who gains time gains everything.
to make time for = find time for sth