New shopping center (support/oppose)

It has recently been announced that a large shopping center may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

The neighborhood that we live in is a very important part in our lives. It is the place where we spend most of our lives in. If a new shopping center was built in my neighborhood, some residents would approve and others would disapprove the idea. I believe that the addition would be beneficial for the city and its residents for a couple of reasons.
First, the addition will provide new workplaces for the residents. In order to build the shopping center, construction workers will be needed. For example, a couple of months ago a new shopping center was built in my hometown. Before that, there was just open land. Advertisements in the paper showed up, stating that the comapny needed construction workers. Many people applied but only few were accepted. However, after the construction was finished, new advertisements were looking for employees at the center. This means that building a new shopping center would provide many new workplaces and thus help reduce the unemployment in the city.
Another considerable reason is the benefit that the city will receive from the shopping center. The money collected from the shops, entertainment halls, and food places in the center will go to the city governement. This will help solve many problems that have occured in the past due to lack of money. For example, after the shopping center was built, me and my friends started noticing that the potholes were fixed up, new bycycle lanes showed up, and even our classrooms were being repaired. As a result from the new shopping center, our city had more money to solve some problems that have been bothering the residents.
In brief, I believe that a new shopping center will benefit the city. New job offers and the added tax revenue will provide better opportunities for the city to offer more to its residents. Every city should look forward to invest in additions such as new shopping centers.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Animal Behaviour

It has recently been announced that a large shopping center may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

The neighborhood that we live in is a very important part in our lives. It is the place where we spend most of our lives in. If a new shopping center was built in my neighborhood, some residents would approve and others would disapprove the idea. I believe that the addition would be beneficial for the city and its residents for a couple of reasons.

First, the addition will provide new workplaces for the residents. In order to build the shopping center, construction workers will be needed. For example, a couple of months ago a new shopping center was built in my hometown. Before that, there was just open land. Advertisements in the paper showed up, stating that the comapny needed construction workers. Many people applied but only few were accepted. However, after the construction was finished, new advertisements were looking for employees at the center. This means that building a new shopping center would provide many new workplaces and thus help reduce the unemployment in the city.
Another considerable reason is the benefit that the city will receive from the shopping center. The money collected from the shops, entertainment halls, and food places in the center will go to the city government. This will help solve many problems that have occurRed in the past due to lack of money. For example, after the shopping center was built, me and my friends AND I started noticing that the potholes were fixed up, new bIcycle lanes showed up, and even our classrooms were being repaired. As a result from the new shopping center, our city had more money to solve some problems that have been bothering the residents.

In brief, I believe that a new shopping center will benefit the city. New job offers and the added tax revenue will provide better opportunities for the city to offer more to its residents. Every city should look forward to invest in additions such as new shopping centers.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A very good and concise essay Currlie.

Kitos. 9/10