New Member - Aspiring to be accepted for my first ESL program!

Hello, everyone.
My name is Mitchell U. Alvarez. I recently decided to pursue a career in education and would love to experience teaching ESL as an introduction to this new path in my life.
I’m a full-time (overtime) worker at a manufacturing facility where I serve as a translator, along with many other tasks. A few days ago I registered for the online 120 hour TEFL course and it will prove to be a nice challenge to write essays every day to complete the course at a fast pace.
I am hoping to be able to receive everyone’s support as well as provide any assistance I’m capable of in return.
I also just submitted applications to teach ESL in Korea, China, and Taiwan.
Wish me luck!

Hi Uly, you are most welcome to this Site. Being a member of this forum you can do many things. Surely you will finish your course well on time or maybe beforehand. I wish you all the best in your educational endeavor.

Noren

Way do go, man!
I hope your new career choice will work out for you.

What’s the meaning of “How are ewe?”

Noren

Noren,
The phonetic way to describe how “ewe” would be read I believe is “yoʊ”. You could say it’s a linguist’s method of being silly :D.
“How are ewe?” is just another way to say “How are you?”

Go for it Mitchell, I wish you every success as an ESL teacher. I and two of my children are ESL teachers here in Germany, and we all love doing it

Hi Uly, Thanks a lot for the info. I am wondering what is your first name? I don’t think it’s Uly. So should I say “How are ewe?”. I hope everything is going well with you and wish you all the best in your future career.
Noren
PS: Since you are an American, I will appreciate it very much if you will correct my English every now and then, in my posts. I prefer American Eng. to the British one. Thanks a lot once again.

My first name is Mitchell, but my family calls me by my middle name (Ulysses). I grew up responding to Uly. If I see anything to make your English sound more American I’ll let you know, so far it’s perfect.

OK by what name should I address you either “Mitchell or Ulysses”. Please let me know and thanks a lot for willing to help me.
Noren

Either one is fine

I will prefer Mitchell since Iowtrish has also used that name.

Dear Miss Gift,
Why did U get impressed to write to us? Why don’t you give more of yourself rite here?
Thanks

Ulysses, I can’t find your essays on the TOEFL forum, but they were very good. You can always practice your ESL teaching skills by making some corrections to the essays there!

Hello All,

My name is vikash and i am new her.

I hv join here to improve my witing skills.

Please advice me that how can i improve my writing skills

Thanks
Vikash

how long i have to wait for your reply guys

Hi!
How are you? Where are you from?

Hi i am doing good.

how about you.

I am from India but why are you asking this question???

Hi Vikash, here is a quick reply to your post.
Just try to be yourself. Write, write, and write on anything you like. Don’t worry too much about the grammar. There are many friendly and helpful instructors to correct your grammatical mistakes. But sometimes due to some reasons, your posts won’t be read & checked on time. Consider this as not denied but delayed.
Welcome to the best free English learning Site. This Forum rocks. Keep on coming with any questions or doubts regarding the English usage.
Noren

Hi Vikash, here is a quick reply to your post.
Just try to be yourself. Write, write, and write on anything you like. Don’t worry too much about the grammar. There are many friendly and helpful instructors to correct your grammatical mistakes. But sometimes due to some reasons, your posts won’t be read & checked on time. Consider this as not denied but delayed.
Welcome to the best free English learning Site. This Forum rocks. Keep on coming with any questions or doubts regarding the English usage.
Small Grammar Correction:
Hello All,
My name is Vikash and I am new here. I have joined (here) to improve my writing skills. Please advise me on how I can improve my writing skills.
Thanks
Vikash

Hi Vikash,

I agree with Noren that it helps to write quite a bit, but I would also encourage you to increase your reading and listening, especially reading. Set aside 30minutes to an hour a day where you read something that you enjoy, be it comic books or newspapers. Oddly enough, when we passively recognize structures in writing as we absorb the material, we are better able to actively recreate them… at least this is a large part of the research from Krashen, a linguist well known in ESL circles.

Enjoy the forum and best of luck with your efforts. Cheers, Brad