New era of old friendship

Ursula von der Leyen, the Boss of the EU says today is the first day of a fresh start of an old friendship. Does anyone happen to know what she is on about?

2 Likes

Ursula von der Leyen | Old friends, new beginnings: building another future for the EU-UK partnership

2 Likes

Building another future for the EU-UK partnership doesn’t make any sense because it implies that 1) there has been a partnership between the EU and the UK before and 2) there can more than one future

I’m afraid Frau von der Leyen has given our hard earned tax money to the wrong lobby and consulting firms. Time to get rid of her.

2 Likes

Hello, @Sir Torsten,
You seem worried about her saying, sir. I hope that everything will be OK. I wish both EU and UK good luck.
Best regards

2 Likes

I’m not worried at all, just trying to be sarcastic.

2 Likes

Hi Oh, come, come Torsten - the good lady was just showing a bit of compassion, which of course shows her heart is in the right place. What worries me is that the tousled haired bird brain who sadly represents the UK doesn’t put his big, foot in it. You remember the expression ‘Me too’, well I’d like to coin a new one for those of us who don’t agree with Blustering Boris’ - ‘Not me’.

4 Likes