New character added to ScratchJr character library

Hi

*** Learning Scratchjr paint editor ***
*** How to draw a character ***

-----‐-----------------------------------------------------

I drew a character ‘dog’ in ScratchJr paint editor and saved it. (Now, this character saved in ScratchJr character library.)

Now, I’m pointing the character and say:

“New character added to ScratchJr character library”

Is the above sentence grammatically correct?

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi,

It would be correct, if you added ‘at’: ‘Now, I’m pointing at the character.’ However, the text on the screenshot says: ‘New character added to the ScratchJr character library.’ So, logically thinking, it has already been added. If it hadn’t, the text would probably say or ask: ‘Add/ Save new character to the ScratchJr character library?’

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, Masme :rose:
Very nice.

I mean this sentence:
New character added to ScratchJr character library. (declarative sentence)

2 Likes

That one is okay!

2 Likes

Thanks. :rose:

2 Likes

I would like to add that in this case you’re withdrawing your hand, since you obviously pressed the add-button. Thus, you’re not pointing at it, but it looks like that.

2 Likes

Video link:

1 Like

Dear, Rezaforu,

Thank you very much for the link. I’ve just watched the video. It’s very clear to me.

I’m happy to see you don’t have the which-one-and-which-one-not-sentence bug. If you don’t know what I’m talking about…never mind. :roll_eyes:

By the way: ‘What say you, Lord Arinker?’ Yes, it may sound a little Shakespearean - see, I like to use that language every now and then - but I hope I haven’t outworn the ellipses… :rofl: :joy: @Arinker

2 Likes

Thank you. :rose:

2 Likes

[quote=“rezaforu, post:1, topic:206552”]
New character added to ScratchJr character library[/quote]

I think that the complete sentence for this fragment might be something like
“Here is the new character that was added to the ScratchJr character library.”
But this is a lot of words. Many of them are probably understood from the previous context. It seems to me that the important concept is actually in the first part of the sentence.
“Here’s your new character.”
“Here’s the new character.”
“Here’s the new character you added [to the library].”
Voila!”
You can add whatever explanation you feel is necessary and be consistent with the style of the rest of the tutorial.

Btw, in the video you say “press the Plus button.” There are two of them.

As to @Masme’s comment, writing is a creative process and it’s fun to have fun with it.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, Arinker :rose:
Very nice.

3 Likes

Yes, thank you, Arinker.

3 Likes

I think, if you press either one of them, the program will save the drawing.

3 Likes

Why not ‘pointing to’ which looks more apt here?

3 Likes