Never, never give up

Hi, Kitos. Could you check my essay? Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Nowadays Churchill’s statement ‘never, never give up” has become a slogan for some people. In my opinion, sticking to a goal is a good feature, but it does not work in all situations. Therefore, I would say a human should analyze the situation before making decision to continue attempts or not.

First of all, not everything depends on a human, and sometimes he just has to accept the reality rather than resist. For example, it is meaningless to reject death. We can struggle for the lives of close people by protecting them from dangers and providing them with necessary treatment, but if they are assigned to die we can not stop it. We only can help them to die painlessly. The only way is to accept their death and live further, or/otherwise we will go out of our mind.

Furthermore, sometimes the task that we consider quite possible turns out impossible due to current conditions, and our struggle do not change anything. We can continue our attempts, but whether we will get it and when is unclear. In such cases, I think it is not worth wasting our time and energy, but look for a more acceptable version. I saw in one American movie, where the girl, striving to become a doctor in late 19th century, applied to a few medical universities, but failed, because this field was not considered feminine at that time. In the end, she decided to go the courses for nurses and worked in a medical establishment.

On the other hand, if a goal is real, you should not give up in front of difficulties. The example of my acquaintance is apt to be mentioned. She grew up in a remote village, and married to an improper man without getting any education or profession. After some period of time he left her with two children. She came to the capital, gave her children to a children’s home and started work as a maid. She collected money, bought a little home and took her children back. Now she has a home and two educated sons, who are proud of their mother.

To sum up, if there is no objective reasons to give up, do not stop your struggle. You may fail once, twice, or thrice, but if you want something very much, you will get it sooner or later. The main step is to evaluate the situation and your ability rightly, because unfortunately or fortunately, a human is not an almighty creature.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why do the Lascaux cave paintings probably not qualify as graffiti?

Hi, Kitos. Could you check my essay? Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Nowadays Winston Churchill’s statement ‘never, never give up” has become a slogan for some people. In my opinion, sticking to a goal is a good feature, but it does not work in all situations. Therefore, I would say a human should analyze the situation before making A decision to continue attempts or not.

First of all, not everything depends on a human’S INNER FEELINGS, and sometimes he just has to accept the reality OF A SITUATION rather than TO resist. For example, it is meaningless to reject death. We can struggle for the lives of close people by protecting them from dangers and providing them with necessary treatment, but if they are assigned to die we (cannot) stop it. We only can help them to die painlessly. The only way is to REGRETFULLY accept their death and live further, or/ otherwise we will go out of our mindS.

Furthermore,
Sometimes A task that we consider quite possible turns out TO BE impossible due to current conditions, and our struggleS do not change anything. We can continue our attempts, but whether we will OVERCOME THE OBSTACLE, and when, is UNCERTAIN. In such cases, I think it is not worth wasting our time and energy, but WE SHOULD look for a more acceptable DIversion. I saw in one American movie, where the girl, striving to become a doctor in late 19th century, applied to a few medical universities, but failed, because this field was not considered PROPER FOR femALES at that time. In the end, she decided to ATTEND the courses for nurses and worked in a medical establishment.

On the other hand, if a goal is real, you should not give up in THE FACE of difficulties. The example of my acquaintance is apt to be mentioned HERE. She grew up in a remote village, and married to an improper man without getting any education or profession. After A period of time he left her with two children. She came to the capital, gave her children to a children’s home(,) and started work as a maid. She SAVED HER money, bought a little home and took her children back. Now She now has a home and two educated sons, BOTH OF WHOM are proud of their mother.

To sum up, if there is no objective reasons to give up, do not stop your struggle. You may fail once, twice, or thrice, but if you want something very much, you will get it sooner or later. The main step is to evaluate the situation, and your ability rightly LOGICALLY, because unfortunately or fortunately, a human is not an almighty creature.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A little more complex this time Remula. Even so, it shows that you are ever-searching for new challenges.

Kitos. 8/10

This is my essay, please check it. Thanks ^^

Faced with increasingly formidable hurdles, people should exercise perseverance. By refusing to give up, people can realize their dreams, strengthen their character and improve their ability.
With perseverance comes the ability to attain one’s goals. It is said that ‘Rome was not built in a day’. What can we eventually accomplish if we give up too easily? Holding our grounds allows us to conquer seemingly impossible goals. Thomas Edison, for instance, became a great inventor thanks to his perseverance. So to speak, the key to succeed is to never give up.
Another possible benefit is character development. Imagine we have to work in a group of many peculiar people, we will have to calmly put up with their unpleasing characters to accoplish our goals. Thanks to our patience and steadfast effort, we can learn to cooperate with other people, become more active and acquire more reasonable perspectives.
Finally, trying to the bitter end may enlarge our knowledge and improves our skills. By trial and error, we can recognize our mistakes as well as develop our strengths. Likewise, we can learn by doing. Bill Gates would not have become one of the most intelligent and successful businessman without hard work. Thus seen, tt is not innate talent but hard work that brings success.
In conclusion, perseverance is vital for success, character development and skill improvement. If we strive for the best and press on despite hardship, our paths will probably be paved with success.

Sorry, Kitos

What do you mean with "more complex’? Are thoughts unclear or contradicted?

And what kind of challenges do you speak? Do you mean writing style or real life?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Sorry, Nhp_Uyen

I also think it would be better to combine our essays in one topic under one name, but administrators think differently. So, please open a new topic in the writing section and paste your essay there. You should press button “a new topic”. It’s not difficult.

good luck

Ok. Thanks! Remula.
Try more and succeed! :slight_smile:

I actually meant it took a lot more thinking about. Clarity was only achieved by using a lot more flexibility in your vocabulary. You obviously don’t consciously realise it, but you are improving at an alarming rate.

It’s thanks to you :slight_smile:

But I should work harder to reach out perfectness. I look at each essay 10 times, but you still find mistakes. I have been studying English too long. I want to take on French seriously:)

best regards

Remula,I don’t find mistakes, I reveal weaknesses which we shall eliminate together, given time. At this stage in your learning it is all about vocabulary.
People who have great vocabularies revel in using it by flaunting their words before your eyes in seemingly never-ending streams. They love their writing.
I don’t have their command of complex vocabulary, so I cheat a little by weaving an idea using the flexibility of my limited vocabulary. That’s the beauty of English. Even a semi-illiterate like me can sometimes weave a believable story. Isn’t it great!!!
Use your imagination and weave your topic into a story. I bet you get top marks!

Thanks for your belief in me. Inshallah.

To be honest, I didn’t guess you are semi-illiterate. Your stories are beautiful and extraordinaire. I thought I was speaking to a university professor, and I don’t feel any limited vocabulary. I hope one day I will be able to write like you, because I adore writing. But at present stage I cannot entirely express my thoughts and feelings, and I’m afraid of offendng somebody with my tone.

Thank you for help. You are very kind :slight_smile:

To be honest, I didn’t guess you are semi-illiterate… :-)) LOL.