My teacher says it's impolite to say.

I have been following not fewer than 20 grammar books by different famous writers I repeat authenticated not from internet so that I can’t accept readily your suggestion by
relevant causes.

Yes, I believe that too!

But, you know writers are different than general people. They are much discernible about anything where I was an avid reader about all spy thrillers or detective stories as well as social novels. Here you add Law, so, any displacing just makes me alert, as you know lawyers and police are suspicious too

When you fail in the table it must go to the learned court or might will prevail,equation is simple.

Wise never goes either.

Suit yourself please. I hate to argue about things especially languages. I can’t even use my mother tongue perfectly yet.

I still find 'Since 30years is a bit awkward to me.

You know the word grandiose, I believe the British won’t say a Grandiose Buffalo, will they?

Perhaps, Beees must have something to say. And I’ll take her comments as standard British English.

kind regards.

I have no taste of debating it. Please later you examine the all from any good grammar book specially by the USA, as I believe the USA grammar that it makes appeasing you much as The USA English is modified and much scientific and followers are more.

As you and I are mature that is why we not make quibbling about the border conflicting again and again. Hope this signal is enough for you being a good diplomate of you!

Yeah, thank you.

For the time being would you leave me alone with my British counterparts on my topic. I still have a lot of things to learn from them. My common of British English is still too little and too low. And I have a mission to complete.

kind regards.

Hi Mr. KML,

As Kitosdad and Torsten have both pointed out in other threads ‘since 30 years’ is incorrect. The correct preposition there is ‘for’. Alternatively he could say ‘a writer since 1982’. ‘Since’ requires a distinct point in time.

By the way, you seem to have posted your last message four times, so I’ve tidied things up by removing three of the duplicates. I hope that’s okay.

Mr. Kyaw Thank you, yes, you can.

I cleared everything you might have discerned too.
Enjoy on yourself.

I’ve looked it up on google,
Here’s a site that lists some of the differences between AmE and BrE, including lift vs elevator:
englishclub.com/vocabulary/b … erican.htm

‘Elevator’ is standard in the US, but because ‘lift’ is the standard form in Britain, ‘elevator’ can have an air of ‘posh-ness’ about it, yes.

It is neither more nor less posh to say “elevator” instead of “lift”. It is a purely regional distinction, but in America a lift is generally for skiers or industrial equipment. Anyway, I don’t see where this teacher gets such an idea.

There are cases where you have to say toilet. You don’t go to the hardware store and ask for a new float for your “lavatory” tank or your “bathroom” tank. All the parts in the hardware store are for toilets. If you want to buy a new toilet, you have to ask for a toilet. If you say you want a new lavatory, they’ll think you’re asking for workmen to completely remodel the entire bathroom.

If the toilet gets clogged, people will understand you if you tell them the “lavatory” is backed up, but it’s kind of stupid, because it’s the toilet that’s clogged and not the room. (Besides, “The lavatories are backed up,” could mean that there are too many people waiting for too few toilets, like at a sports event.)

Usually a lavatory is a room in a school, business office or some other institution, and at home, people have a bathroom. The only time they call a room a toilet is if it’s water closet containing a toilet and nothing else.

I love your remark that you only teach British English. My guess is that you’re teaching your students Burmese English with some British characteristics. Of all the thousands of foreign students who’ve come to my classes claiming to have learned “British English” in their countries, not one of them has been able to speak or write British English. They generally use the term “British English” as an excuse to explain why they have scored low on a placement exam or why no one can understand their pronunciation. However, if they really used British English, they wouldn’t fail the American exam, and all Americans would understand their speech.

Thanks Jamie(K).

After your scientific comments, hope all pouring has been finished.

I always follow the USA grammar rules as much as I can.

I know–Police has arrested the Gang star, where everybody denied here!

As I am habituated at odesk exams, I know how the variation of English language now.

Chicago Style, Oxford Style and so on, if you don’t follow, it doesn’t matter but to aware about them it must enhance your quality.

Thank you for your comments, Quazi, but honestly, I can’t understand most of what you’re trying to say. It makes no sense in English.

Min - Your sentence about ‘police’ is wrong, regardless of US or UK grammar.

Sorry,I don’t know Bev,

Jamie(K) can give you a few light here as I got it from Barron’s TOEFL suggestion book while I was preparing my TOEFL exam almost 12 years back!

This book is from the USA!

I don’t need Jamie to tell me what I already know.
I know you are incorrect and are probably misinterpreting what you read in the book.

Ok, I will send you a scanning copy tomorrow.

Well Jamie(K),

From Bangladesh, I got to know by “The News week” that there are some good
outsourcing companies in the USA those pay well for remote working.

They mentioned some names as well, if ETN does’t make objection one co.'s name was odesk.com in California based.

It is a big Company as this has now members above 4 hundred thousands. Almost all
members are non natives. To evaluate their English level, they have several English
language tests, like The US basic or Uk basic English including Oxford style,
Chicago style etc.

Intersting is even for native English speakers may need sometimes these tests as per
requirement of the employers. It is a huge competitive test for all to achieve the
top 10%. who can get the work from bidding, There are different types of work here
including paid writer. They pay handsomely as per quality etc.

I scored 4 out of 5 in the US basic English that was Top 30%, it is not a good score for the writer. where you need to have 4.50 as a good bidder. Unfortunately, it is true among our top 100, not a single one could score this(4.50) as an examinee for the first timer that I have been indicating since long days!

This challenge should accept from our top 100 members. But truth is always much bitter.

Hey might be right but not totally … coz not everyone uses the same but according to situations you may have to use such kind of things

Thank you all for your kind comments. That’s my wish to bring you, the experts out. Splendid.

kind regards.

Dear Beees,

I have more students now. Don’t get shocked.
I’m teaching them Cambridge English. Not a single word of Burmenglish. And fortunately all my students have higher IQ than me/ I do. So you know?

Next month, I’m going to teach at a British School here as well.
I would disturb you time and again to squeeze British English out of you.

I love British English for its preciseness.
E.g, London is expensive. Rather than Everything in London is expensive.

kind regards.

Curiosity always pays. Wunderbar.
And they love me for being IQ40ed.