My Dream is that everyone will learn from this crisis

My dream is that everyone will learn from this crisis to accept and appreciate each other for who and what they are. Perhaps it’s difficult or impossible but like Joan Collins once said: 'You can make the impossible, possible.
She’s a very nice lady. I met her once, truly so, and we talked for almost twenty minutes.Some people don’t like her because she’s very direct and tells you straight away what she thinks. She has an enormous knowledge about a lot of social injustices and tries to help others by charity works. In my opinion she’s very intelligent, had a lot of bad things happening in her life, but I appreciate her for her honesty. She’s not at all like the ‘evil Alexis’ she once portayed on television like some paparazzo say. She’s 87 and turns 88 this year and still going strong. A very courageous lady.

3 Likes

Sure, everyone will learn from this crisis like they have done again in the past and then they will forget and carry on as usual…

2 Likes

Most of us won’t be able to carry on like before: Watch this and share it with anyone you know! (How fight COVID-19)

2 Likes

It will change the conditions of our lives but it won’t change people’s characters, insticts….

2 Likes

We will have to adjust our value system which means we need to change our beliefs and thinking patterns. As a result of this process we are also changing our character and behaviour. In short: We are changing.

2 Likes

By the way, on another subject (sorry for digressing but it seriously interested me), did you clarify the difference between ‘decrease in custom’ and ‘decrease in sales’ in your previous topic?

Scrap that… That’s a complicated topic to discuss I guess…
I’ll get to the bottom of it somehow.

2 Likes

No, Viviana, don’t scrap that, please. What Torsten says makes a lot of sense. We are changing, but I hope in a positive way. Like I said, I hope everyone will learn from this crisis, namely that we start to learn to appreciate each other for what and whom we are. After all, every human being, heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, people with other religious beliefs deserve to be accepted in our community.

2 Likes

I made a mess with my previous reply; cause I’d written something else which I edited (scrapped) and what was left was actually my reply to what I erased.
So I’ll edit it again to what it should really look like.

2 Likes

Exactly. Let me share a quote on this with you here: This pandemic is a global paradigm shift . A shift that impacts all aspects of societies globally and all dimensions of sustainable development, a shift that exposes systemic interconnectedness for everyone to see and that bursts silos and boundaries — sectoral, institutional or even national. Much like climate change.
But this pandemic brings an immediate, direct and personal sense of urgency to everyone.

2 Likes

Torsten, I cannot, but agree with you. :tulip:

2 Likes

Most of all I like your flower! :grinning: :sunflower:

2 Likes

You’re most welcome.

1 Like

Me too :laughing: :+1:

1 Like

I’ll send you some more in the future, believe you me! :tulip:

1 Like