My 2nd essay in the forum

Please correct it!
Thank you!

In your country, it there more need for land to be left in its natural condition or is there more need for land to be developed for housing and industry? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

===

The topic of what kinds of the land should be use can be approached from several different angles due to its complexity. Some people tend to that it there more need for land to be left in its natural condition while others seem to disagree with it. I have also develop my own point of view as well. I favor the former position, that is, I think the land in my country should be left in its natural condition.

On the one hand, it seem reasonable that the land to be developed for housing and industry. The main advantage is that it would be provide our country more economic benefits. Since there established more and more houses or industries, there would be attract more and more people and companies to our country. Thus, there are a lot of economic actives and improve more income for people and more taxes for the government.

On the other hand, there also a number of disadvantages of the land to be developed for housing and industry. The main disadvantage is pollution, because it is easily to cause several kinds of pollution from housing or industry, such as air pollution, water pollution, and noise pollution.Take Tainai, a city in my country, for example. It has a wide land in the city’s suburbs. In several years ago, the city government decided to develop industry in there. Also it provided government more taxes and improved its economy, but it destroyed the natural condition and produced lots of air and noise pollution. Does this means that the policy actually brought many benefits for the city? And would it be good for the residents and their offspring?

I do not prefer that developed land for housing or industry because the disadvantages of it are qualitatively greater than the advantages. That’s not to say, of course, that other points of view are completely without merit. However, I think the reason I have provided in favor of my point of view are stronger.

TOEFL listening discussions: Where does this conversation probably take place?

The topic of what kinds of the land should be use can be approached from several different angles due to its complexity. Some people tend to THINK that iS there more need for land to be left in its natural condition while others seem to disagree with it. I have also developED my own point of view as well. I favor the former position, that is, I think the land in my country should be left in its natural condition.

On the one hand, it seemS reasonable that the land to be developed for housing and industry. The main advantage is that it would be provide our country more economic benefits. Since there established more and more houses or industries, there would be attract more and more people and companies to our country. IF MORE HOUSES OR INDUSTRIES ARE ESTABLISHED, THERE WOULD MORE FORIGEN INVESTMENT. Thus, there are a WILL BE lot of economic actives and improve more income for people and more taxes for the government.

On the other hand, there also a number of disadvantages of the land to be developed for housing and industry. The main disadvantage is pollution, because it is easY to cause several kinds of pollution from housing or industry, such as air pollution, water pollution, and noise pollution.Take Tainai, a city in my country, for example. It has a wide land in the city’s suburbs. In PAST several years ago, the city government decided to develop industry in there. Also it provided government more taxes and improved its economy, but it destroyed the natural condition and produced lots of air and noise pollution. Does this means that the policy actually brought many benefits for the city? And would it be good for the residents and their offspringS?

TO SUM IT UP I do not prefer that THERE IS MORE NEED FOR LAND TO BE developed land for housing or industry because the disadvantages of it are qualitatively greater than the advantages. That’s not to say, of course, that other points of view are completely without merit. However, I think the reasonS I have provided in favor of my point of view are stronger.

Lynnctc you have to work on your reading skills. Read Books, magazines, reader digest. Jot down spellings, work on sentence construction.

Thank you for you comment!