Moving businesses to the countryside? Benefits and disadvantages?

Governments are encouraging industries and businesses to move from large cities to the regional areas.
Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Please rate my essay also Thank you

Relocating major companies and industrial plants to the rural ares has long been the government policy in various parts of the world. Although there some disadvantages associated with this trend, I believe these are outweighed by the benefits.

It is understandable why some people oppose to the idea that businesses should move out of the cities. The transition period may be troublesome for a great number of companies. The rural areas often do not have adaquate facilities to support certain businesses, creating unnecessary operational difficulties for the. Export companies, for instance, may find it hard to distribute their goods as there could be no major port in the area they reside. Moreover, big cities with high purchasing power are oftern profitable markets for companies, thus moving away, to a certain exent, may create a revenue lost for them.

Despite the aforementioned drawbacks, I believe the advantages are more significant. The relocation will easily solve some of the most challenging problems of urbanization. The move of businesses will come in line with the change in migration pattern. People will also reside in the rural area more to seek better employment opportunities. This will result in fewer congestions in the city center, which improve the quality of the air for the community. Moreover, with more and more businesses based in the countryside, the rural dwellers will have an opportunity to improve their living condition. The abundance of goods, jobs and the investment in infrastructure will no doubt create a better life for them.

In conclusion, in my opinion, all the advantages of relocating businesses to the countryside clearly outweigh any drawback. Both city and rural dwellers will benefit from this change.

2 Likes

Governments are encouraging industries and businesses to move from large cities to the regional areas. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?

Relocating major companies and industrial plants to the rural areas has long been the government policy in various parts of the world. Although there are some disadvantages associated with this trend, I believe these are outweighed by the benefits.

It is understandable why some people oppose the idea that businesses should move out of the cities. The transition period may be troublesome for a great number of companies. The rural areas often do not have adequate facilities to support certain businesses, creating unnecessary operational difficulties, for the export companies, for instance, may find it hard to distribute their goods as there could be no major port in the area they reside. Moreover, big cities with high purchasing power are often profitable markets for companies, thus moving away, to a certain extent, may create revenue losses for them.

Despite the aforementioned drawbacks, I believe the advantages are more significant. The relocation will easily solve some of the most challenging problems of urbanization. The move of businesses will come in line with the change in migration pattern. People will also reside in the rural area more to seek better employment opportunities. This will result in fewer traffic congestions in the city center, which improve the quality of the air for the community. Moreover, with more and more businesses based in the countryside, the rural dwellers will have an opportunity to improve their living conditions. Abundance of goods, jobs and investments in infrastructure will no doubt create a better environment for them.

In conclusion, all the advantages of relocating businesses to the countryside clearly outweigh any drawbacks. Both the city and the rural dwellers will benefit from this change.

(A well-written essay, of course)

1 Like