modal verbs

hello, everyone (Teacher)
I’m Trang

Will you tell me about difference from following modal verbs:
can- could
will- would
may-might

And in this sentence: “That therefore removes ‘hope’ from the possible am nswers. If I say: I hope you can help me’, it [would] be in response to: Can I help you?.”, why not using will and using “would”?

Thank you very much.
Good night.

Trang.

This webpage seems to give a clear explanation: learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/ … r-possible

I could not really understand your question - what exactly is the sentence you have a question about?

And here is the page for will or would: learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/ … l-or-would

This seems to be the part that applies to your question: “We use would to talk about hypotheses, about something which is possible but not real”

Thank you very much for your reply, Luschen.^^

I’m Trang. I am reading the page you tell me, It is so useful. ^^

I’m sorry. I read a explanation on English test about why we should use the answer: “I wonder if you can help me”. And on the explanation, there are these sentences: "That therefore removes ‘hope’ from the possible answers. If I say: I hope you can help me’, it “would " be in response to: Can I help you?.” I don’t know why “would” is used on the sentences: “it would be in response to : Can I help you” , why “will” isn’t used?

Trang