Mistakes According to https://english.best/tests/assessment/collocations/test/back-again

Hello Everyone,

According to “Back Again - English Test | english.best
I have found several mistakes following these questions, look at below: "(71) According to the speaker, how can listeners get more information?
(A) By visiting City Hall.
(B) By making a phone call.
(C) By watching TV.
(D) By sending an e-mail.

(73) What is the main purpose of the announcement?
(A) To declare an emergency
(B) To publicize an Internet site
(C) To inform of to a city project
(D) To warn about coming dangers

The answer should be "71B ‘By making a phone call. ’ instead of ’ (C) By watching TV.’ In addition, the answer “C” was not mentioned in the talk.
About question 73, the answer should be "73C ’ (C) To inform of to a city project ’ instead of ‘(B) To publicize an Internet site’. In addition, the answer “B” is totally irrevelant.
Here it is the link: “Back Again - English Test | english.best

Other mistake, following this question "(74) What will listeners hear next?
(A) A news report
(B) A weather report
(C) An advertisement
(D) Music
The answer should be "74A '(A) A news report ’ instead of '(C) An advertisement '. In addition, the answer C was not mentioned in the talk, so it is also irrelevant.

It will be better if the mistakes have been correcting.
Kind regards,
Mickhael

1 Like

You are quite correct that the answer to 71 is (B), but how do you know that © is the answer which the test is accepting as correct*?
Similarly you are correct that the answer to 73 should be © and 74 should be (A). How do you know they aren’t?*
(*For example, are the correct answers listed when you complete the test? I have no intention of answering every question to find out.)

It doesn’t matter that option 73 © is not mentioned in the audio - learners who have not reached the required ability might still select this answer because the audio file is a mock TV announcement.
73 (B) is not irrelevant because website information was given. Again, this may trick a person who is not competent.
74 © is not irrelevant because it is possible that the next thing a listener would hear on a commercial radio station would be an advertisement.

“To inform of to a city project” definitely contains a typo in the text though!

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

You are quite correct that the answer to 71 is (B), but how do you know that © is the answer which the test is accepting as correct*?

"Beeesneees, you ask me "how do you know that © is the correct answer, in fact when you listen the tape, " you hear: "For more information call public workers department at 555 76 76…, so you know of course the right answer, so it should be “71B”, no doubt about that.

Acoording to Beeesneees: “It doesn’t matter that option 73 © is not mentioned in the audio - learners who have not reached the required ability might still select this answer because the audio file is a mock TV announcement.
73 (B) is not irrelevant because website information was given. Again, this may trick a person who is not competent.”
I don’t agree with Beeesneees about her explanations. Indeed the tape audio gives clearly information "purpose of the announcement about route construction beginning on Monday… this is about a city projet.
At the end of the audio file, you can hear “also visit our website include projet maps”
The option © is mentioned in the file audio.

According to Beeesneees: “74 © is not irrelevant because it is possible that the next thing a listener would hear on a commercial radio station would be an advertisement.”
I am totally disagreed about her explanation, according to file audio you can clearly hear “…Headline news”, so “74 © remains for me irrelevant”. I am waiting your feedback.

Hi Mickhael,

You seem to be misunderstanding what I am asking.

I know that (B) is the correct answer. What I want to know is why you think the test isn’t accepting this as the right answer and why you think it is accepting © as correct. If you cannot explain where you are getting this information, then I cannot help you.

As for the question of relevance, these are multiple choice questions. If you have four available choices as an answer then 3 of them HAVE to be incorrect - this doesn’t make them irrelevant. What would be the point of having 4 correct answers?

Hello Beeesneees,

If you choose the answer 71B, you get wrong. The webmaster chose wrong answer instead of right answer. In my view, I think he should correct it. This will make sense. Only 71B is correct, however 71C is totally irrevelant.

Following the questions 73 et 74, the answer mentioned our wabsite. I still disagreed. For me and my friend from UK think also, the right answer should be “73C instead of 73B” and “74A instead of 74C”. If you have time, try to ask second view to your colleague.
Best regards,
Mickhael

Hello Mickhael,

I am not disagreeing with you that the answers you chose were correct. I know they are correct. I don’t need a second opinion. I have told you above that your answers are correct.
However, when I tried the questions I could find no way of seeing whether the answers I chose were marked right or wrong.
This is why I am asking you how you know the answers you chose were marked wrong. Where did you see this information?

71C is not irrelevant. It is an incorrect answer.
Are you confusing the word ‘irrelevant’ with ‘incorrect’?

Hello Beeesneees,

First of all, you have to do all questions Back Again - English Test | english.best. Then, at the end of this TOEIC test, you will see the answer, you believe it is right although “toeic_simulator” test gives the wrong answer. I am talking about the issue questions 71, 73 and74. Just do it, you will see by yourself.
Kind regards,
Mickhael

Thank you Mickhael, That is what I was asking in the first place.
I have no intention of wasting my time by working through the entire test as it is so long, but now that I know you are able to compare your answers with what the test considers to be true answers, I have sent a message requesting that someone with editing powers takes a look at this and makes the necessary changes to the answer key.

Hello Beeesneees,

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate that. Good work!

Hello Everyone,

I have found one mistake according to Back Again - English Test | english.best
In TOEIC Part VII: short Readings concerning the question (155), you can look at it following this link:

Back Again - English Test | english.best

"(155) What is the main purpose of this memo?
(A) To announce a change
(B) To prevent shoplifting
(C) To raise money
(D) To declare bonuses

The answer should be “(B) To prevent shoplifting” instead of “(A) To announce a change”
Kind regards,
Mickhael

Hi Mickhael,

How could you able to find these mistakes when the time is limited? I think you
must have practised the same exercises several times,it had leaded you to find mistake like this. As for me I have no time for reading the exercises. Anyway
goodluck for your interest.

Thank you

S.Shanthi

Dear Sir
I am unable to give voice message in the forum,I clicked java, nothing has
come know, what I can do? There are so many people not giving voice
message so please include my name also in the list. Thanks for giving
opportunity to give voice message so far.

Thank you

S.Shanthi

Hello,
how are you? I am testing my voice messsage.

Hello Everyone,

The mistakes following questions 71, 73 and 74 are still there, the webmaster does not correct them. I have always made some comments about them. For more information, go to read the previous E-mail that I have feedback.
Kind regards