media pay MUCH attention to the personal lives OF FAMOUS FIGURES AND CELEBRITIES

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Television .newspapers magazines and other media pay attention to the personal lives of famous people such as public figures and celebrities. use specific reasons and details to explain your opinion.

The fantastic development of public media has made it possible for people to receive different kinds of information .however, it seems that the public media excessively pay attention on personal lives of famous people ,such as public figures and celebrities .to some extent ,it may do harm to the whole society.

For one important reason, some information of famous people‘s personal life has the reverse side to the society. It may also cause a large number of society problems .for instance, juvenile delinquency, drugs taking or even psychological problems. nowadays more and more idolatrous crazy about their idol, the age of them is younger and younger, they may imitate what their idols do what food they are eating, what kind of friends they are making and so on .take Britney Spears as an example, we often heard the scandals of her. despite she had done some scandalous things ,the public media shouldn’t pay too much attention on it. we should focus on she had also do some charity to the society. They would better show the good side of the famous people and do not take the famous person’s scandals as an interesting tidbit.

Another significant aspect is privacy. either celebrities or ordinary people should be respected. Each person has their own personal life, many of them do not want to be disturbed by others. so does famous people. They want to split some time for their family. Personal life may reflect a sentimental value . for example, David Beckham spent holiday with his family , most paparazzi get ready to snapshot. It may do harm to his family especially his young children… we always heard some famous people use physical attacks to the paparazzi. This may lead to a worse outcomes.

The last but not the least ,it exert a negative influence on the generation if media highlights the personal lives of public figures .public media should have paid much attention on the international news or some predecessors rather than personal scandals. in the long run ,it brings more harm than goodness for the media to pay too much attention to the personal lives of a famous people and it should suggested to be stopped immediately .

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a professor and a departmental secretary

Good evening Nocturnalj. You very obviously have a very long way to travel before you are able to write an interesting essay. Leaving that aside for the moment, let’s begin with your poor basic English and your punctuation.
Sentences ALWAYS begin with a capital letter, no matter how short the sentence may be.
Punctuation is simply leaving a space IMMEDIATELY after a pause in a sentence, or after a full stop. (Exactly as it is written here.)
It would should good intent if you were to “copy and paste” your essay, and then punctuate it again yourself, to demonstrate that you understand what I have written. Then we can consider your actual essay.

Kitos.

Thank you so much kitosdad .You mean each sentence should be start with a capital letter? I have been thinking that the capital letter start at each paragraph .
I also have a question .Our teacher always suggest us that we should write as complicated as possible. Did my essay looks complicated?They also advice us that we should use Attributive Clauses to make our essay more colorful .I wonder whether it is true or not?

:slight_smile: Good morning Nocturnalj. Every teacher has his/her own style of teaching. I prefer that beginners avoid as many complications in their work as possible. Use only words in your sentences that you fully understand the meaning. of. This way avoids embarrassing errors.
Your vocabulary can be improved as you progress and become more comfortable and confident in your use of English.
I always ask that student beginners in English try to make their work simple and interesting.
I don’t insist that they write topics as such. They are free to write anything they wish, so long as it is clearly understandable to the reader.
Your teacher may well be correct in what she says, but I prefer to see students happy and confident in their work … their own mentality will tell them when it is time to step-up their work standard to the next stage.

Take care, Kitos.

Ok,I got it.I thanks somuch kitosdad.:slight_smile: