Meaning of 'a double tube tongue'

Dear Teachers,

Here’s what I read:

“Many women can roll their tongues into a tube shape, while a few can form a double tube. This is genetically determined.”

I can hardly imagine what a double tube tongue looks like. Can anybody explain to me?

Hi all potted out,

Could you please tell us where you read that some women can roll their tongue into a double tube?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, photographs: A welder[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi,

I read from this book:
amazon.com/Womans-Body-Manua … 1564586170

Err…does this help?

Hi apo

It sounds to me as though they mean that the tongue would roll so much that a tube shape would be formed on each side of the tongue. It not something that I can imagine anyone being able to do, though (as your sentence notes). :shock:

Amy

EDIT:
This picture is the closest thing I could find:
tongue rolled left and right

Hi, Amy,
Thanks a lot. I think I got the idea though I’ve never seen people with such a double tube tongue.
What I’ve seen on TV is something like this:
pixnet.net/displayimage.php?pos=-26956844

And even this:
playblog.com.tw/_hompy/photo … o_id=97571

In Chinese we call it a “lotus tongue”. Is there an English term for this as well?

Hi apo

I’ve never seen anyone able to THAT with their tongue. :shock: I had no idea it was even possible.

So, I have no idea if there’s a word for it in English (other than what you’ve already offered as a possibility).

Is this commonly “doable” where you’re from?

Amy

Hi, Amy,

It’s not common at all. I guess that’s why people with a “lotus tongue” may get the chance to show their ability on some TV programs. Apart from those pictures I found from internet, TV is the only place I got to see such a view!