may you check my toefl ibt integrated essay?

Ernest Hemingway was an American writer and journalist who lived during the first half of 20th century. The author criticized his works and thinks he should be criticized more objectively. However, in the listening part, the lecturer sounds enthusiastic about his novels and refutes the points that mentioned in the reading passage.

Not only the writer of reading passage but also the speaker in the listening passage focus on Hemingway’s experiences. The writer states the range of his interests such as war and modern art, but mentiones that his novels is too autobiographical. On the other hand, the speaker thinks that thanks to his experiences he has realistic style.

Both passages disagree on Hemingway’s rhetorical sophistication. The writer argues that his style was unimaginative and unsophisticated. To illustrate, the writer mentions about his fear of using adjectives and lack of rhetorical devices in his novels. Nevertheless, the lecturer contradicts the author by arguing that Hemingway used inferences and created challenging puzzles to his readers. The speaker especially praises his realistic style and the real conversations in his novels.

Finally, the lecturer contrasts to the writer that Hemingway wrote successfully from a woman’s perspective, but the writer totally disagrees. According to the reading passage he did not understand female’s mind thats why he was unrealistic about female characters.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Animal Behaviour

Hi, the main task in the integrated writing is to repeat every point and detail given in the lecture - the reading is not as important. I don’t have your lecture available, but it seems like you got the general points but may be missing some of the important secondary details. Your structure is correct though. I would rate this a 3.5 out of 5.

thanks a lot