Many people think that work nowadays is more stressful and less leisurely

Many people think that work nowadays is more stressful and less leisurely than in the past, how about you opinion?

When we talk the essence about work, people always try to compare the situation at present with the past. Some people believe that the work is becoming more and more stressful, which I agree as the development of the society issuing fierce competition. By contrast, I would like to hold my opinion that people recognize the work nowadays is losing leisure.

First, it is significant that the size of the entire society is becoming more and more complicated. Hence, the division of the labor is classified in a specific scale. People need more time and energy to concentrate their jobs to achieve their goals and exceed the excellent peers. Subsequently, the competition between people will grow, and people will feel stressful not only for the dangerous situation for unemployment, but also for the compulsive industry motivation.

Second, let us retrospect the work in the past, the period that people need to sit in front of the production line, repeating the same action, whereas the sharp edge technology has release people from the boring repetitive job. For instance, now people could finish their job with high efficiency, and then enjoy their life for the spare time. Meanwhile with the dedication for the whole entertainment industry, people could experience something creative, which even change the concept for the work. To illustrate, people once are addicted in virtual medical game, but now it is surprise that the doctors could make the surgery via internet visual camera, which could save time and a big amount of cost.

To conclude, whether favorable or unfavorable for the developing of work as evolution of society, the works now is growing more stressful and the pattern that people handle works will become leisurely.

1 Like

Hi everyone. This is Migodu. I am going to take IELTS exam, not TOEFL next month. Nevertheless, I found here the forum is quite nice to get the suggestion for my writing. Really, your help will be appreciated very much.

1 Like

concentrate on…
Well ,Migodu,It’s not an easy thing to give you some comments.For my first impression is that the passage is quite difficult to understand due to you use a lot of tough vocabularies.
One suggestion i may give is ,tell us what your point is clearly.However,your writing skills and the quantity of IELTS vocabulary is becoming better and better.
I am so glad to see that you are showing rapid progress in Learning. Come on ,To be a better Migodu .~

Many people think that work nowadays is more stressful and less leisurely than in the past, how about you opinion?

When we talk ABOUT THE ESSENCE OF work, people always try to compare the situation at present with the past.
Some people believe that work is becoming more and more stressful, which I agree as the development of the society issuing fierce competition. By contrast, I would like to hold my opinion that people recognize work nowadays is losing ITS ATTRACTION.

It is significant that the COMPLEXITY of society is becoming more and more complicated. Hence, the division of laboUr is classified in a specific scale.

People REALLY need more time and energy to concentrate ON their jobs to achieve their goals and TO exceed theIR excellent peers.
Subsequently, the competition between people will grow, and people will feel EVEN MORE stressful not only for the dangerous situation for unemployment, but also for the compulsive industrIAL motivation.

Second, let us FOR A MOMENT REFLECT ON the work DONEin the past.
The period that people need to sit in front of the production line, repeating the same action, whereas the sharp edge technology has releaseD people from the boring repetitive jobS.
For instance, now people could finish their job with GREATER efficiency, and then enjoy their LIVES IN THEIR spare time.
Meanwhile, with the dedication OF the whole entertainment industry, people could experience something creative, which COULD even change theIR concept OF theIR work.

To illustrate, MANY people ARE NOW addicted TO MANY virtual medical gameS, but now it is NO surprise that the doctors could PERFORM surgery via internet visual camera, which could, in doing so, save time and EFFECTIVELY SAVE A VAST AMOUNT OF MONEY.

To conclude, whether favoUrable or unfavoUrable for the developing of work SUCH as THE evolution of society, work now is growing more stressful and the pattern BY WHICH people work will become MORE leisurely.

:slight_smile: I was quite mystified by this essay. Not often that I am mystified. Kitos.

1 Like

Hi Kitos, your comments are the reason why I come here~~ Thanks very much.
Meanwhile, sometime I feel lost about my article, which make me feel uneasy. Maybe guideline is what I need.

1 Like

When we talk about the essence of work, people always try to compare the current situation with the past. Some people believe that work is becoming more and more stressful, which I agree with, as the development of society creates fierce competition. In contrast, I would like to take the view that people realize that work is losing leisure time nowadays.

Firstly, it is significant that the size of the whole society is becoming more and more complicated. Therefore, the division of labor must be classified on a certain scale. People need more time and energy to focus on their work in order to achieve their goals and outperform their outstanding colleagues. As a result, the competition between people will increase, and people will feel stressed not only because of the dangerous situation of unemployment, but also because of the compulsive motivation of industry.

Second, let’s look back at work in the past, the time when people sat in front of the assembly line and repeated the same action, while cutting-edge technology has freed people from the boring, repetitive work. For example, people can now do their work with high efficiency and then enjoy their life in leisure. With the engagement in the whole entertainment industry, people can experience something creative, which even changes the concept of work. For example, people used to be addicted to virtual medical games, but now it is surprising that doctors can do the operation through a visual Internet camera, which saves time and money.

In summary, as society develops, work is becoming more and more stressful, and people are approaching their work more and more leisurely, regardless of whether this is favorable or unfavorable to the development of work.